ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 standard exhaust problem

BG182FF
Hi there, any help would be appreciated. The problem is, i have a standard 182 system and everytime i accelerate hard, the exhaust seems to blow out what seems to be water and a shed load of mist behind me. If i constantly accelerate, my rear end looks like it had been raining all day, it gets soaking. Any one else had this problem before, exhaust passed the MOT only a month Ago but only recently seemed to have got worse. Thanks regards

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Loads of people say the same, it's normal they fill with condensation, do you do loads of short trips?

Clio 182
Thank f for that. I've been wondering the same thing for past few days only now it occurred to me to log in and search! 90% of my journeys are short, living on a island n all, and everytime I give it the beans exactly the same happens. Another weight off my mind, as much as it wasn't my post, thanks guys for taking the time to post :)

clio 182 sport
mine has always done that at times when theres a prat of a bmw driver summit like that behind me working himself. i just give it the beans and spray his car

Civic Type R
As said they all do this in standard form, when I replace mine, I had about half a bucket of water sitting in it .. crazy!