ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 steering nasty creak

172 cup
hi all my mate has a 182 at the weekend we fitted k-tecs new desing top mounts to cure the nasty knocking noise but my mate has had a problem for a while which is when he has been out and the car gets hot he gets a clonking noise when steering aswell a nasty creak when steering anyone with any ideas?

Matty

A shiny black one.
On my car it’s a creaking noise mainly audible at slow manoeuvring speeds. Lets just say im driving along at 5 mph and I turn the steering wheel so the car sways side to side, that’s when you can hear it the most. If the car is standing still and I rock it I hear no noise, or if I am in the car with the handbreak on and I try to pull away it still doesn’t make the noise.

A shiny black one.
I'll check the springs bit closer, but would that not make a noise if a shook the car for example?

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Not always, iv had a few experiences where its been bugging me, then when i jacked it up, part of the spring was sitting there in the bottom cup.

Last edited: