ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 stereo - mp3 capable?

Hi - does the 182 stereo (Carbasse) play mp3 cds? If not, my other option is a FM transmitter for my ipod mini. How do people rate these?

oh and the FM transmitter is absolutely shite

be far better off actually dipping into your pocket and buying a cheap head unit as the cabbasse unit is also poor

Thx Bryan - thought it would be too convenient if it did!

I know someone who has an itrip...so I'll try theirs. They say it works fine in one of the family cars (an alfa), ok in the mini cooper and no good in the Beetle.

Cheers

Must say though ...it does seem tempramental about CD-Rs. Sometimes it's fine...then I'll switch back on and get the beep/Error CD.

How much is a decenr head unit that can play mp3s?

well you can get the blaupunkt barcelona mp3-5 for under £100 now, which has MP3 playback

alpines cheapest mp3 player is around the £100 mark, the CDE-9843R/RM, which wuold be my preferred purchase