ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***182: Superleggs & Strutbrace***

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Fred2001Dynamic said:
chris the GAZ ones are Crapola

lol, the same as the GAZ setup for the 172?

it was noisy as hell iirc.

ps. thanks for the help via phone on saturday!...i just cut the wire in the end, f*ck it.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Looks smart, ignore the lowerin comments, i don't think its needs it...Is the car feels balanced and grippy on track why change it? Red strut...hummm, powercosted blue would look nice. Good choice of rims.
Ali

Clio 197
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
Looks smart, ignore the lowerin comments, i don't think its needs it...Is the car feels balanced and grippy on track why change it? Red strut...hummm, powercosted blue would look nice. Good choice of rims.
Ali

Cheers!

I was toying with that exact idea... possibly just black.

Turbo Beige
My 182 will be lowered in the next few weeks and then shortly followed by the wheels. Did you stick with the 205 section tyres or drop to 195's, OZ are doing supperleggras with 195/45 16 TIs proxes for £550!

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
edde said:
The 182 handles better than the Cup IMO. You could get some spacers on your car to widen the track a bit more some 5mm spacers are only cheap I've got some I might try on the track this weekend. The only thing to remember is to get the longer bolts if your getting big spacers.

Dont tink so...! For me there is nothing in it, 172cup / 182 spring change only. With the 172 just get Konis with the Eibach and its easyily equal to a trophy....182 you have to spend £££££££££ as there are only coil overs available.

Oms you have been in mine...............Whats you feeling of the two..

182 has not got the same steering geometry as CUP

CUP:
front 0' even track
back: +30' open track

182:
front -10'
back -10' closed track

AND front track is 4cm wider than rear
I believe Trophy has the same geometry as CUP
When I upgraded my big fat mk2 to CUP geometry I was shocked very positively
I used shims on the back and spacers up front with H&R coilovers

Clio 197
PYE21 said:
My 182 will be lowered in the next few weeks and then shortly followed by the wheels. Did you stick with the 205 section tyres or drop to 195's, OZ are doing supperleggras with 195/45 16 TIs proxes for £550!

I'd stick with 205's personally... they would have increased it to 205 for a reason IMO.

That said, I had 195/50/15's on and they were coool!

Clio 197
EVOgone said:

I must say - it was a hell of a lot firmer than mine, and it had that "race car" feel.

It was like being in a go-kart. Your Koni shocks and eibach springs work a treat!

EVOgone said:
Dont tink so...! For me there is nothing in it, 172cup / 182 spring change only. With the 172 just get Konis with the Eibach and its easyily equal to a trophy....182 you have to spend £££££££££ as there are only coil overs available.

Yep your car with shocks and springs is superb a better track car and fast road car and I'd take your car over a springs only 182 however the 182 was good with just springs. However from what I remember I think the 182 with just springs is better than a 172 with just springs. Your car and Omars cars had different just springs didn't they? So maybe that accounts for the difference, plus Omars car has wider track which might have some effect.

182's do have the problem with dampers though your right give it time and hopefully some more will become availiable.

PS whats up with this forum I cannot see the original quoted message from me? Also I don't remember saying "The 182 handles better than the Cup IMO" as it should have said "The 182 handles better than the Cup IMO with just springs" and even then as I said above rethinking maybe the different springs had an effect. I wonder if I was half asleep as always?

MKIII 138
nah its nowt to do with springs its the 90kilos that does it for me.. cough 105kilos now back seats are a gona