ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Temp Sensor

I have a problem with engine temp gauge dropping randomly on my 182. I think this is a common problem with the 182 and I have had it fixed twice already.

I was wondering if anyone has had this problem successfully fixed and could recommend a garage, or tell me what the garage did to fix it. Im based in hull in yorkshire but dont mind travelling if it means it will be fixed properly.

So far Ive had the coolant temp sensor replaced twice, the instrument panel changed and the wiring checked, all by dixons in hull.

My 05 182 has just developed this problem... after about 1500 miles... :(

I havent had the dealer look at it yet

anyone know of a definite fix?

New temp sensor... Took me 3 months to get mine sorted cos everytime I took it in they said the computer wasnt showing a fault. I explained the ClioSport forum and thats its very, very common. Still didnt listen I had to take a day off work. Drive the car until it was doing it then go to Renault get a engineer take him in the car and show him. Outcome... Yes its your temp sensor... "Like Ive been saying for the past 3 months then?"

Had this looked at by renault @ sunderland. he said he had a few come in for same problem. They put cable wraps on at factory, normally too tight, so thats why you get fluctuations like I was having. He has moved cable wrap so wires are looser, and with movement the wires wont be losing connection. Driven it for 100 miles since and I havent seen the problem re appear...

While he was moving it, he actually managed to drop the gauge to zero (from normal operating temp)

Ill see how it goes and if it re-occurs

BMW 120i Sport

Reg Vardy Renault in Livingston fixed mine perfectly.

Faulty coolant temperature sensor was replaced. They also had to strip out (possibly replace) plugs that were flooded with fuel.

Caterham/172/XC90/RX7

Quote: Originally posted by jonritzmann on 25 June 2005

My 05 182 has just developed this problem... after about 1500 miles... :(

I havent had the dealer look at it yet

anyone know of a definite fix?
Glad to hear that cos my 1500 mile 182 cup developed this this problem last night!! :cry:

Havent called the dealer yet as I only took it in on monday to have the common brake switch problem sorted!!

Simon