ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 test drive!!!

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Ok so after my 1.2 got wrote off in august and the lorry drives insurance only just paying out I went on the look for a 182!!!! Found a amazing sliver 1! Test drove it today and now trying to c wat price insurance is (as im 19!!!) and hopefully go and pay for it tomora!! Fell in love with it! I was after a black one but this silver 1 just looks unreal!! Will put a picture up tomora and let u all know if I buy!! So hope so!! Got a quote for £2219!! Crazy price but worth it I think!!!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol at paying that much for insurance, but still have fun.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
my insurance was £300 on my corsa at that age, i'd rather spend the £1900 saved on hookers/beer.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Oh god at least its not 4k for a 1.2 lol but still, thats crazy money for insurance, your either minted or stupid :p

Not a 320d
Only 19 with 2years no claims!!

I remember being your age lol. Similar figures for a 172 clio. Id of paid if my parents hadnt persuaded me it was a bad thing to do. So glad i didnt!

£2k to drive about in a clio. FOOK!

A CLIO lol.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
renewing mine today at £1k was bad enough! how do you youngsters afford it eh?? lol

Not a 320d
my insurance was £300 on my corsa at that age, i'd rather spend the £1900 saved on hookers/beer.

I wanted a 172 at 18, so glad i didnt get one, id of spent every last penny on it paying insurance, and id of missed out on the whole going out twice a week thing for 3 years.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Two thousand two hundred pounds to insure a Renault Clio.....

Can you listen to yourself??

FLOL!!!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Difference being able to afford it and it being sensible.

Rb 182 ff
I dont see the problem though if hes got the money and not going to be skint from it then why not, i was stupid having a vtr at 17 paying 250 a month as all my money was going on my car then got an apprenticeship and could comfortably afford the 206

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Well iv got 1 more place to ring tomora wen there offices r open!! I work as a pipe fitter full time and enjoy my cars, I will be paying for it my self not getting any money off my mom or dad so I dnt scrounge off them, and I still have enough money to go out but getting up 4 work the next day I choose not to go out in the week! It's easy just put away x amount a week and pay annually ;)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Shop around for insurance mate i got mine cheaper than that at 19 1 years ncb.

This!

Well iv got 1 more place to ring tomora wen there offices r open!! I work as a pipe fitter full time and enjoy my cars, I will be paying for it my self not getting any money off my mom or dad so I dnt scrounge off them, and I still have enough money to go out but getting up 4 work the next day I choose not to go out in the week! It's easy just put away x amount a week and pay annually ;)

realnumber1 will be along soon to give you a lesson in how your parents are indirectly funding your car lol

Not a 320d
Im hoping to put away £10,000 (aiming for 12 but i rekon christmas will have detrimental effects on the account) in the next 2 years by the time i finish uni. But i know full well the Focus RS I want will surely be a bad idea and the sensible thing to do would be to buy a house or put that £10k towards a mortgage.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I'd rather have a nice car when I was younger then think about saving for a house deposit when I'm 22-23

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
The way that I'm looking at it is; I'm 19 this day and age you have got to be earning some really good money to buy a house or evern to put a deposite down ur looking at about 20k I'd be lucky to do that before I'm 25! I'm 19 I wana be able to get home from work and c a beautie of a car sat on my drive and tell myself that's why I go to work so I can have nice things like this!! I do also save money each week which I dnt spend and cnt spend till I'm 21, so I dnt so the problem!!! Just trying some more insurance companies!! Iv got £107 off my first quote with admiral multie car!! So still going to look but hopefully pay for the car today :D

Clio 200 cup
I'm 18 with a ff 182 my insurance is 2000 with 1 years ncb, if you can afford it mate do it! However a lot of people with think it's bad for someone your age to own such a higher powerd car, so prove them wrong and drive it sensible, save the racing for the track etc! But good luck with it anyway mate :)

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
nice 1 toomer!! not a chance on the track for a while i took my old clio on a track really wasnt relaxed enough to enjoy it!!!! so ill stay off them for a while! just rang brentacre £1894.95 :) legnds!! today is the day!!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
try greenlight mate, I payed 1000 with brentacre yesterday because greenlight took their time getting back to me....just had an email off them, 697! so now i've gotta look into cancelling one and going with the other

Not a 320d
Some people look at money differently, like i said in an earlier post, id of paid it if my parents hadnt interviened. Itll be a good mistake to learn, unless he can afford to shell out £200 a month, and stump up cash for tax and that dreaded thing called fuel. I think if I was earning £50,000PA id still think twice about paying that sort of money.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
My first car (bar the focus which lasted 3-4 days before the handbrake snapped and sent it through my garage doors) was my 1.3 polo 1994 mk3 and I paid 2750 a year to insure it, I was 17 and I could afford it so why not.....it only gets cheaper with time

Not a 320d
\Because that money should be spent going out round town at that age, get it out your system. If id if run a cliosport id never have done it.

172 ph1
my brother tryed on a 172 the other day same es 19 2 year ncb it was 1800? wort hunting around mate

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
so spend £2000 on a piss up or spend on car insurance. . . .. . not a hard one for me id choose the car any day!!