ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Tinted Glass question...

F

fletchie

Hi,

I forgot to ask in my earlier post about the glass in the 182..

I'm potentially looking to buy a 182 - having looked at one (not been for a test drive yet - saturday) my initial thoughts were how dark the glass seemed and the interior.

The car colour is black anyway, but is the darkened glass standard? I currently own a mini and that has a very light tint, but the 182 i'm interested in was certainly much more darker - I had to press my face up against the glass to actually see inside and when I actually sat inside it felt strange - not much natural light.

Is this effect standard on the 182 or can anybody advise if this may have been an optional extra/added on a later date? I've never owned a Clio and i wondered if the darkened glass was a standard feature.

Many thanks for the helpful responses so far,

Jean

fletchie said:
Hi,

I forgot to ask in my earlier post about the glass in the 182..

I'm potentially looking to buy a 182 - having looked at one (not been for a test drive yet - saturday) my initial thoughts were how dark the glass seemed and the interior.

The car colour is black anyway, but is the darkened glass standard? I currently own a mini and that has a very light tint, but the 182 i'm interested in was certainly much more darker - I had to press my face up against the glass to actually see inside and when I actually sat inside it felt strange - not much natural light.

Is this effect standard on the 182 or can anybody advise if this may have been an optional extra/added on a later date? I've never owned a Clio and i wondered if the darkened glass was a standard feature.

Many thanks for the helpful responses so far,

Jean

not normally , must av been after market mod , check if legal ?

F

fletchie

I asked the garage and they said it was legal...

I'm no expert at all, but even I can't see how pressing your face up against the glass to see through it could be legal.

I will check it out thoroughly on Saturday. I didn't think the glass was standard spec so thanks for clarifying. Has anybody got any idea on how much it would cost to change the glass to something not so dark? (rear windows only)

Cheers guys,

Jean