ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182-trashed

im gutted-my 8 wk old black gold 182 was smashed into the early hours of this morning by a drunk driver-the result is a ripped off bumper,tail light and dented rear panel as well as the small matter of the passenger side rear wheel being bent out 45degres in relation to the car. the impact was so hard it pushed the car 6 ft along the curb damaging the wheels in the process!! gutted is not the word- luckly the car which caused the damage has been found 100metres round the corner and owner traced. police have been contacted and details logged-whats the procedure with contacting the insurance tommorow as they dont have a claims line open sunday. cheers guys:( :confused:

OMFG man you have my sympathy. This is a classic case of it doesnt matter how much care you take - some other loser might waste your car. Totally 100% gutted for you dude.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

Just hope the second car wasnt stolen.

Pain in the neck though!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

[Edited by msa182 on 5/22/2005 7:59:58 PM]

Looks like you are having as much luck as me mate, know excactly how you feel, gutted isnt the word.

Rang my insurance company on saturday and they sent out a recovery truck in 20 minutes, which came and took the car away. You need the third parties insurance details, tell them to your insurance company and they will sort it out from there.

Good luck mate, you shouldnt be out of pocket, as they can claim it all from the third party, and you will get to keep your no claims.

Commiserations mate at least youve identified someone :mad:

You might want to explore your prospects regarding whiplash and any injuries sustained (physical & mental).

Renaultsport 220T

Gutted for you mate. At least you were not in it at the time, and injured. Hope you get sorted soon.

Quote: Originally posted by 182WRC on 23 May 2005

Gutted for you mate. At least you were not in it at the time, and injured. Hope you get sorted soon.
Yer at least you where not in it at the time! A complete nightmare!:eek:

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by 182WRC on 23 May 2005

Thats what I was thinking, but Id be soooo gutted..an 8-week-old car, what a shame.

Hope it all gets sorted without too much hassle.

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

:cry:....thats awful mate.....gutted for you...hope it all gets sorted ok, let us know how you get on with the insurance company

:(

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™

:mad:... to the muppet who smashed into your car. Im lost for words mate. Do let us know how you get on with the Insurance company!

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 23 May 2005

thats bad news, bud at least it was empty, was the other driver insured?
Grey area because if youre DIC then youre technically uninsured IIRC.

update on situation.
contacted insurance first thing-recovery truck with the car within the hour and taken away for assessment, insurance company been very good updating me and should have courtesy car tommorow.
they said even tho the accident was nothing to do with me i have to pay my excess and claim it back from the other parties insurance-is this common practice?
recovery guy thinks car repairable-will it ever be the same??!!
i hope no one else on here has this happen to them-its the worst thing ever to save and work your ass off for something only for a pi**ed driver to come and wreck it.
thanks for all the posts guys.
ps only been without the car for a day and i miss it so much-make the most of yours!!!!!

Mate no i was hit from behind in my old car... cos it was 100% the other persons fault i did not pay a penny i would question that!!! and no sorry to say I dont think it will ever be the same I would hope it gets written off and get a new one!

I would hate that to happen to me man.......... I take such care of my car and if its got repaired it would always bother me!!!!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

What an absolute t**ser m8 - that other driver should be tw*ted in the nads with a blunt instrument for what hes done to your car....

I dont know what to say. What can you say in a situation that Ive never experienced myself? I just hope it comes to the most beneficial situation for you...

Stuff like this makes my blood boil....

D.

Clio 1.4, SV650S

my mate got hit and it was the other drivers fault. he had to pay his excess and got it refunded.

With regard to insurance and driving whilst drunk. I think they cover the third party but not you. Not 100% sure though. Hope this is the case otherwise it puts you out of pocket. Sorry to hear that mate.

Mark

update once again-car no way as badly damaged as first thought-estimator has said needs new bumper,repaired rear panel,rear light clusternew rear wheels and tyre,new rear axle and rear suspension compnents and front drivers side wheel being rufurbed or replaced if damaged other than cosmetic. been told the only hold up in getting car back is getting these parts from renault-what u guys think- i would have thought they all would be stockable items??
oh and the courtesy car i have is pure and utter P.I.M.P
54 reg nissan micra!!!:oops: :oops: :oops:

fat 182

i had my 182 crashed into twice in 24 hour go to a renault aproved bodyshop and they will get all the renault parts in very quick

and your warrenty stays valid because they will use genuine parts

daz