ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 trip computer

artic blue 182
last few days my trip computer has reset itself 2 or 3 times

anyone else had this? maybe its the cold weather...just wondered if anyone else had had this problem and did renault sort it under warranty??

thanks

dave

MK2 172
There have been quite a few posts on this before. Seems to be a problem thats reported alot in winter. Some people have said that its a battery problem and that a new one/charge might cure it but seems a bit much just to get the trip working. Renault might say its a dash problem and that a new dial set is required but have heard that this resets the mileage to zero. Which can alook a bit odd when you come round to sell the car.

There have been quite a few posts on this before. Seems to be a problem thats reported alot in winter. Some people have said that its a battery problem and that a new one/charge might cure it but seems a bit much just to get the trip working. Renault might say its a dash problem and that a new dial set is required but have heard that this resets the mileage to zero. Which can alook a bit odd when you come round to sell the car.

Renault can fix that most garages are lazy.

or any milgae corection place can do it just tell them the milage you want.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Yes there is a fix people. Don't go looking for the most complicated solution because its gonna be the battery, simple as that.
Mine was replaced yesterday after 4 years and it has cured the trip computer fault entirely.
Best way to tell if the battery is causing it is to keep an eye on the fuel gauge when you turn the key to start the engine. If the needle drops and then springs back up then the dash is losing power and causing the trip to reset.

artic blue 182
Yes there is a fix people. Don't go looking for the most complicated solution because its gonna be the battery, simple as that.
Mine was replaced yesterday after 4 years and it has cured the trip computer fault entirely.
Best way to tell if the battery is causing it is to keep an eye on the fuel gauge when you turn the key to start the engine. If the needle drops and then springs back up then the dash is losing power and causing the trip to reset.

excellent thanks Ollie just checked mine and it did that,thanks also to davo172 for the info :approve: :approve:

new battery on my wish list from santa now lol

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
No worries mate. If yours is only a couple of years old it may be ok with just a good charge.
I only replaced mine after i connected a Saab digital battery tester to it and it came up replace....plus it was 4 years old.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
It won't die on you for a bit yet but it gets irritating. I found going on longer runs boosts the charge back up and it won't do it for a few days. Sometimes it just needs a hard drive.

Have a ring round for batteries. I got mine from Renault on the cheap but thats cos i have contacts....but its worth looking around. Your looking at between 35 and 50 odd quid.

artic blue 182
ok mate cheers...mine doesnt get a run much its defo geting annoying though will change it next month