ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Trophy damper refurb?

Fiesta ST200
How often should this be done, guys? I know its a few hundred quid to get done but how often should it get done?

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
awesome! i maybe wrong so will need others to give their opinions. i love trophies :approve: but also adore the focus rs both mk1 and 2

Clio Trophy 463
Personally I dont think it needs doing that often. They do slowly deteriorate and most seem to give up after around 4 years. I have just had mine done (£400 in total from cornering force) and they awesome now. Couldnt believe the difference in the feel of the car. On normal runs down the motorway or round town I dont think you would notice a big difference however.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
It's a job that needs doing when it needs doing, and you'll KNOW when it needs doing.

Some last years, some many thousands of miles, but they will need doing at some point.

Not sure why you'd do them before they go to s**t though.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
IIRC, Cooksport mentioned in another thread that they can refurb them :)

It's completely varied. Like Tim say there is no guarantee how long they will last. Renault gave no service intervals for them, not provide the service.

In 18months ownership I had to do mine twice. Due to a cracked gas seal one failed after 5k.

I had mine done at BG, whom IMO are the best people for the job. Only authorised SACHS motorsport damper suppliers in the UK. It cost £700 to have both rebuilt. Which included a new piston shaft on one of the units.

Average cost is about £500 from BG. Obviously others are now doing these services but have to get parts from BG and their turnaround is a lot longer than BG. Who turned mine around in 24hours.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I don't like BG - I had bad experiences. Research and choose with care who refurbs them.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
When 007 was on 70k the dampers were still rock solid, no leaks or anything. They were cleaned and checked often though and hadnt been refurbed.

I'd say as a guideline after refurbs they seem to last 2-4 years. From a fresh factory set they can last 6-7 years in some cases, I guess it depends how the car has been used/maintained.

Cooksport can refurb them.

The popular choice at the moment is cornering force as they charge reasonable prices

Clio Trophy 463
I would go to cornering force purely because the guy knows his stuff, has very good customer service and the cost of the refurb which is cheaper than BG, includes sand blasting and powder coating. No doubt BG refurbs will be top quality also.