ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182/ Trophy Exhaust

Clio Trophy
I know every man and his dog asks this question, but im going to ask it again because I still cant decide.........

Currently have a trophy, I have been looking to replace the exhaust for months but cant decide what system to get.

Whats the best system for performance? and how much better is it than others?

I've been looking at Yozza's but cant get hold of one (fred doesnt have any)
Scorpion 192 I've heard mixed feedback and same with the milltek.

What do you reckon???

cheers

is1

Integra Type R DC2
To be honest, the impression I get on this issue is no exhaust from the usual suspects is going to get you any meaningful gains.
Most people do it for "fit and forget" and noise reasons.
There seem to be a lot of welding issues on Scorpion and Milltek but that may just be the few problem cases tainting the reputation - they probably sell hundreds which are perfectly fine.
Scorpion 192 seemed to be well researched and tested and seems like the best performance (to the extent that it might give 2bhp) and daily use compromise (i.e. noise).
It is also very well priced. I am told they need a bit of work to fit well though.
The build quality on the Yozza is outstanding, fitment is easy but it is noisier and more expensive. I am toying with the idea of a special request for a Yozza with more silencing (i.e. a centre silencer!).

There is no way I would buy an exhaust from a company claiming to give you +10bhp, it is simply a way of tricking people in to buying their badly made, poorly designed, heavy exhaust.

is1

Integra Type R DC2
There is no way I would buy an exhaust from a company claiming to give you +10bhp, it is simply a way of tricking people in to buying their badly made, poorly designed, heavy exhaust.

Their website refers to about 6hp with a decat I think so not sure they are necessarily claiming it gives you +10bhp. The name doesn't help of course.
Quite a few have had them and seem happy with them. Can you suggest any others?

When I feel it's time to change to a stainless, I may approach BTM or BTB to see if they can add a centre silencer to their systems which seem to be the best for quality.
The key point re the OP's question re power is that I don't think any of the popular exhausts is really a power mod.

RB 182 Cup
I've got the Scorpion 192 cat back system. It has to have a load of work to make it fit without leaking and has had the centre box removed.

I'm in my 40s and find it a bit too loud and boomy. I plan to put the centre section back in and see if that reduces the resonance issue. I also plan to replace the tailpipes with straight stainless to try and give it not such a deep bassy sound. I also prefer the track orientated look rather than the big shiny street orientated tail pipes.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Yozza system just for the pure build quality, weight saving and fitment IMO :) I fitted mine on a drive way with no probs, at the right rpm it's quiet inside and it looks good but not flashy in the bumper cut outs :)

Also keep the cat in place and it's fine for normal use :)

Clio Trophy
So are we saying yozza is the system to go for??? just hard to get hold of!!!
if i cant get hold of a yozza wot would be the next best thing?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Hold out and save up for a yozza just for build quality, weight saving & looks.

I have one on my trophy and love it to bits, It does sit slightly under the rear bumper but it was on the car and like that when i bought it.

Kl, Ill try and get hold of a Yozza, its not a money issue, ive got that waiting!! just cant find one

Fred is on holiday at the moment when he gets back speak to him, there shouldn't be too much of a wait for them now I don't think. I have just got mine from the last batch to be ordered, took 8 weeks but it was worth it.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've never heard of any welding issues with a scorpion. The majority will tell you yozza arethe best exhaust. Everyone who has a yozza always says good things about them.

I have the scorpion rs192. It fitted lovely, it's doesn't blow and it sounds very nice IMO. You can tell its there and is a little raspy but never boomy. At 70mph in 5th gear it's nigh on silent.

I'm more than happy with mine. That's my 2ps worth, I hope this helps bud.

I know from personal experience with my old 306 scorpion exhausts do crack. Also a friends 192 system is cracked on one of the welds he is a member on here Andy_c I think.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

I have to quote your post because it's 100% common sense and people should take notice, they lie to get attention and then make a crap product afterwards :S

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Just a quick question, how much time have you spent with a yozza'd car.?

:)

Sam
I speak to Fred quite a bit, I live near him too. I know what you are saying as he has said the same and (I think I recall correctly) he suggested that you gave me a run in yours when you were about.
However, exhaust noise is a very subjective issue. I would want an exhaust with as close to standard noise as possible. That's probably unlikely from most stainless systems but I briefly discussed with Fred the idea of having an extra silencer in there which is why I mentioned it. I wanted the weld quality and fitment from your exhausts more than anything.

Lotus Elise
I speak to Fred quite a bit, I live near him too. I know what you are saying as he has said the same and (I think I recall correctly) he suggested that you gave me a run in yours when you were about.
However, exhaust noise is a very subjective issue. I would want an exhaust with as close to standard noise as possible. That's probably unlikely from most stainless systems but I briefly discussed with Fred the idea of having an extra silencer in there which is why I mentioned it. I wanted the weld quality and fitment from your exhausts more than anything.

I only ask as quite a few people says its too loud with out even being in the with one. Next time you are at BTM feel free to go out in mine. :D

Arctic Blue 182 FF
I've never heard of any welding issues with a scorpion. The majority will tell you yozza arethe best exhaust. Everyone who has a yozza always says good things about them.

I have the scorpion rs192. It fitted lovely, it's doesn't blow and it sounds very nice IMO. You can tell its there and is a little raspy but never boomy. At 70mph in 5th gear it's nigh on silent.

I'm more than happy with mine. That's my 2ps worth, I hope this helps bud.
I am very happy with my Scorpion 192 also, excellent materials, the fit was easy,welds are spot on and car sounds good through the gears and no drone on the motorway ;)

CBR1000RR Fireblade
i cant speak for other people but but my scorpion has been spot on, no cracked welds as of yet.

i did blow once but that was down to me catching the centre pipe on a massive speed bump

^ luck of the draw. At some point in it's life my RS192 has been re-welded. Sounds good though when you get it to fit properly (Nice rumble but not at all noisy or attention seeking).

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Until this thread I've never seen or heard of bad welding on scorpions. That's why I bought a scorpion in the first place purely for this reason (and the price )

Different car but check out the 306 fourms, very bad rep. on the 306 they always crack on the centre pipe/silencer. So much so they even tried to redesign it but AFAIK they still did it. Would never have another again.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
i thought about what exhaust to go for on my 182 and after everyone saying yozza is by far the best i have trusted there judgment and picked a cat back yozza of fellow member B15 HOP who was a top bloke today and cannot wait to fit it tomorow. :D

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I would say Pro-Speed in Cardiff...not that I'm slating the Yozza exhaust (never had one), but I've had 2 Pro-speed ones (one, stealth on the 172Cup and one done a couple of months ago for the 182). Its made from scratch and is custom built to you/your car...so you can pick exactly what you want. I don't know about any performance gains, but it sounds like a 182 should sound from factory and certainly feels better than the old ones.

Also, the fact I travelled from Telford to Cardiff (twice) to get it done says something.

And it has a lifetime guarantee which you can transfer to the new owner of your car if you sell it on for £45 I think (Which can be a good selling point!)