ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Trophy test drive

Well, having owned a 182 (with cup packs) for over a year, and loving ever minute of it - I decided to go for a test drive in the (much raved about) 182 Trophy.

All I can say is that within about 3 minutes of driving it down the road, I could immediately feel the difference with the suspension - it is absolutely fantastic! It does not roll whatsoever around a corner and on a long flat straight road it is just so planted.

Apart from that, the car is pretty much the same - so here is the dilemma. Do I trade in my full fat 182 for one of these?

I have to say that I dont think it is worth it just for the suspension, and with the new Clio RS coming out next year, I would probably rather wait for that.

Dont get me wrong, the Trophy is a superb car (as is the normal 182) but I dont think (for me anyway) it is enough of a difference to justify changing.

However, if the Trophy kit that Jeremy has mentioned becomes available - I will be one of the first to order it and then have the best of both worlds. A full fat 182 Trophy would be The Ultimate!

tiTTy & SV650

trophy sounds like what i expected from my 182, i came from a 205gti which had no body roll at all (on cheap ass standard suspension too!), but the 182 rolls a fair bit I find (when nailing it).

I do like the toys though, Trophy kit sounds like a plan, prob very expensive though, maybe get it through J3Ned instead if it ever happens :devilish:

A Trophy suspension kit for the standard 182 would be great ... Id like to know if its just a spring and damper swap.

Anyhow, after 11000 miles in my full fat I needed new tires and a track, felt like a different car after, so much more composed and planted. Its also lost a lot of the twitchyness at speed that its had from day 1.

For those whove driven both I wonder how much of the Trophy gain is from fresh tires etc.

Clio 197

Mines pulling to the left at the moment.... which is really unsettling the car.

The trackings perfect... but the from left wheels camber is out. All these little things make quite a bit of difference.

Another thing I found in the Trophy was the seats werent that comfortable which is suprising considering everybody loves them. Maybe I just didnt get the seat adjusted properly.

Is there a height adjustment on a Recaro seat?

VaVa

iirc the Sachs dampers cost like 10 times more than the ones on the standard 182/Cup. I would imagine that coilovers are a far more viable proposition in terms of cost against performance.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

Quote: Originally posted by omar on 14 August 2005

On the RS website, Jeremys hinted on a possible "kit" for the 182.

Hold on to your pants guys!

is that likely to be 182, or 182 / 172 (mk2 / mk1) ?