ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 turbo failed mot on emissions.....

R35 GTR
BUGGER!

Now what.lol.????

Fast idle -------3.736% CO ----- 0.909 lambda
2nd fast idle ----4.814% CO ----- 0.880 lambda
Natural idle -----0.069 CO

Just fitted a janspeed sports cat and exhaust, had a decat on previous.

Also the dash shows error code ----h

BMW M135i
Sports cats aren't always 100% mot passes as said. Could be that, can't borrow a standard cat from somewhere/one to get the MOT done?

a thirsty one
make sure the sports cat are really hot before they take any readings, the 100cell jobbies need to be really hot, also can you wind the boost down a bit? that should help and maybe some of that emission reducing tank addative you see in halfords as a last resort? may work havnt tried it.

R35 GTR
winding boost down wont make a difference surely? The car is running extremely rich, if anything i need more air.

winding boost down wont make a difference surely? The car is running extremely rich, if anything i need more air.

won't running more air enable that extra fuel to burn giving your car more emissions? I'm not big up on engines lol just a thought.

APR LCR225
Turbo shouldnt affect it at idle... Find yourself a friendly tester wholl put their courtesy car on for you:quiet:;)

[quote=LegoHead;3217313]
unplug an injector at the test centre, it drops the co enough lol

hmmmm....really?:eek:[/quote]

Sure, it mis-fires obviously, but it drops the co right down.

I was tempted to do it like that on my 172 when i couldnt get it though emmissions as i wasnt going to pay out for 2 lambda sensors. Mine dropped into the required from 7%co.

Volvo S60 T5
Thats going to be more than a cat IMO, way to high.
Mines running very rich and only passes the mot if i tweak the map so it runs crap, at least i can put it back again.
If its not the cat or oxy sensors the you need to get the mapping sorted correctly.

Unplugging an injector wont work as the air content in the exhaust will be way to high and it will fail again.

R35 GTR
Thats going to be more than a cat IMO, way to high.
Mines running very rich and only passes the mot if i tweak the map so it runs crap, at least i can put it back again.
If its not the cat or oxy sensors the you need to get the mapping sorted correctly.

Was thinking of taking a trip to RS tuning on saturday....

Any chance you could take a look tomorrow afternoon? Do you have any lambda sensors in stock?

2005 Nissan Navara
[quote=LegoHead;3217313]
unplug an injector at the test centre, it drops the co enough lol

hmmmm....really?:eek:

I was tempted to do it like that on my 172 when i couldnt get it though emmissions as i wasnt going to pay out for 2 lambda sensors. Mine dropped into the required from 7%co.

HC will be out the window if its miss-firing from cutting a cylinder....come on Dan, you got to think about these things.

The best thing to do if u dont have access to the map/ecu, is to fit an adjustable fuel pressure reg, and drop the fuel pressure till its on the verge of stalling. If HC is hi, the map may need to be tweaked e.g r****d ign to lower HC.

R35 GTR
[quote=LegoHead;3217313]

hmmmm....really?:eek:

HC will be out the window if its miss-firing from cutting a cylinder....come on Dan, you got to think about these things.

The best thing to do if u dont have access to the map/ecu, is to fit an adjustable fuel pressure reg, and drop the fuel pressure till its on the verge of stalling. If HC is hi, the map may need to be tweaked e.g r****d ign to lower HC.

i passed on hc, on all 3 runs

Legohead - do you not have any comeback with Janspeed/whoever sold you the sports cat? Did it state in the description that it would pass an MOT?

80MPG BEEZA
mine just passed with a decat :)

although it did say on the advisory sheet

*missing rear seats*

lol yes and everything else rodney

Da

Less
----h means an oil level sensor fault has been detected but I can't help with the MOT sorry :)

2005 Nissan Navara

i passed on hc, on all 3 runs

perhaps you did, but if u unplug an injector like young Dan is suggesting, your HC will rise.

R35 GTR
ok guys, changed the post cat sensor back to the original one i had on and changed the pre cat sensor for a brand new one, but still seems to be running crap idle, worse even. But seems ok once warmed up.

The lambda sensor i took off was coated quite badly in carbon.

Maybe emissions are ok now, but wont find out till monday.

I also disconnected each ignition lead at a time, and each resulted in worse running and had good sparks to the plenum, so guessing coil pack is fine, and each spark plug is working?

I disconnected coolant sensor and seemed to be slightly different, but cant say for sure.

Any other ideas?

2005 Nissan Navara
as I said a fair few posts ago...its likely a mapping issue.

Ive also made a suggestion as how to go about getting it emmision friendly without accessing the ecu....