ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 turbod up

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
any one on here got a 182 turbod up..thinking of havin it done an wanted a rough price an what sort of kick it gives it..

cheers

MKIII 138
buy a faster car to start with is the usual answer. does cost about £7,000 to get it properly done and ive seen a few 182`s going for £8,000 now puts it into perspective

A clio
i dont see much point in turboing a non turbo car. Just save yourself the money and get a car that is turboed standard.

If uve got the moey then go 4 it.

Turbos.
From my perspective i wouldn't spend that much on a a little FWD hatchback but if you have the cash to splash then why not? Owning a Scooby driver would be priceless.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Just buy a turbo'd car if you want a turbo. I couldn't justify 7k for a turbo conversion. Sell your 182 for £9k (ish) and spend the money that you have for the turbo conversion on a Turbo car.

BB have a turbo 172, and a guy on here has a turbo 172 kicking 262-270 bhp, and a shed load of torque. He will be able to advise better.

Tyson.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Buy a DC5 or Ek9... then mod the. Both about the same pace as a turbo, for a fraction of the cost.

MKIII 138
in the end the chassis and design cant take that power, its hard enough for the 172/182 to get traction and transmit power

edit* unless you spend £1800 vat fitting an LSD but it would still be a bit mad

133/225/CLS AMG
Putting a turbo on an RS Clio is such an expensive job that it makes it seem a little pointless.

182 is roughly £8k the turbo Convesion is about £7k so you're talking £15 for it. You could buy an early Megane 225 for £13k, spend a grand on a remap, exhaust, induction kit and have a Megane with about £270bhp! Just an idea lol

The Clio on the other hand would be pretty unique though. :D :D

106 GTi
meggerman said:
in the end the chassis and design cant take that power, its hard enough for the 172/182 to get traction and transmit power

edit* unless you spend £1800 vat fitting an LSD but it would still be a bit mad

Is a slip diff really that dear for 172's? The 205 Gti boys where getting Quaiffes for around a third of that!

cock mobile.
AlexJMills said:
Putting a turbo on an RS Clio is such an expensive job that it makes it seem a little pointless.

182 is roughly £8k the turbo Convesion is about £7k so you're talking £15 for it. You could buy an early Megane 225 for £13k, spend a grand on a remap, exhaust, induction kit and have a Megane with about £270bhp! Just an idea lol

The Clio on the other hand would be pretty unique though. :D :D

You can get a brand new Meg 225 Cup for 14k.

MKIII 138
Rich said:
Is a slip diff really that dear for 172's? The 205 Gti boys where getting Quaiffes for around a third of that!

reno stuff is getting cheaper but up until a few years ago there wasnt any serious tuning going on in the mainstream, thanks to sites like this companies have recieved a lot of customers wanting to tune up and the extra money has led to some decent development and small dedicated tuning firms sprouting up.
still an LSD for a clio is expensive, think about £1200 for a quaiffe the rest is fitting costs etc..

there is someone on here who sells them at £800 but still gonna cost £1200-£1300 to get that sorted, you may as well get a racelogic system to reduce wheel spin and allow for launch control and switchable drift modes.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
If you want to turbo it i say go for it,it will be mad. A lot of the guys above have said 15k is alot but common,its gonna be so unique and quick why not? Yes there are cars out there now for around 15k which could be quicker but much fun would the 182 turbo be? If you've got the cash.
I'm going down the ITB's route and cams which should get near 225BHP but controllable power.

didnt like the megane when i brought the clio i was gonna get an evo8 but really took a shine to the clio when i test drove it so i thought id get the clio an chuck some cash at it but i aint throwing that cash about for a bit more speed.. havent looked into it just thought i would find out.....its a bit nippy anyway wi what i got done to it now...

cheers folks

133/225/CLS AMG
sh33n said:
You can get a brand new Meg 225 Cup for 14k.

Well there ya go then. I got my Megane 225 full fat new for £16.4k and that was a massive amount cheaper than Renault charged!!!

Anyway......back to the subject of A turbo'd 182!! lol

MarkM said:
Stick some throttle bodies and cams on it. More then enough power IMO for a front driver.

how much i looking at for them then m8.....not fully up to it all wi this car yet stuff i had done to it has all been done for me.....

cock mobile.
Talk to tuning companies and ask them about options and prices.

If you have some spare cash and want something different then why not. Personally like others I wouldn't do it, but I certainly respect and envy those people that have highly modded Clios.

172 Cup, Clio 197
Dubai182 said:
If you want to turbo it i say go for it,it will be mad. A lot of the guys above have said 15k is alot but common,its gonna be so unique and quick why not? Yes there are cars out there now for around 15k which could be quicker but much fun would the 182 turbo be? If you've got the cash.
I'm going down the ITB's route and cams which should get near 225BHP but controllable power.

Yeah it would awesome to see someones face as the try and race you thinking its a standard 182 and then all of a sudden they hear psssst and see the rear number plate. If you can afford it, do it, it will be truely unique!

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
For that kind of money would you not be better doing an engine swap or something? Something easy to tune like VAG 1.8T?

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
I'd 1.8T 20v it if I had to have a turbo much prefer the response of n/a though and the sound of t/b's!!

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
Timmay said:
k-tec do a fitted system for around £4995 plus VAT - lots of money IMO
yh they have one thats sometimes in one peice! have they sold a kit yet?:quiet:

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
Rich said:
im getting one for £899 +80 fitted!atm its running fek all boost and 260-270bhp with around the same tourqe figures!;)