ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 unsteady

hi all

about a month ago i went down a crater of a pot hole at about 50mph, and damaged the front drivers side tyre.

got the tyre changed the alloy was fine no cracks dents or flat spots and i checked everything over no play or damage to lower ball joint, track rod end,anti roll bar link,suspension, hub,subframe and wishbone mountings and the wisbone its self.

only thing was the clip had came off the cv boot so cleaned it out re greased and put new clip on it.

but ever since i went down the pot hole the car feels really unstable on hard acceleration like really bad torque steer:S.

i have heard the rear shocks can cause unstability but they are also fine no leaks or nothing

had the tracking checked all was fine they told me, iam going to get one of them 4 wheel laser tracking garges to check it again.

anyone got any other ideas what could be causing this?

or am i just being a parnoid f**ker and its normal lol.

197 FF
I have the same problem. My 182's steering feels 'loose' it turns in ok one direction but feels uncomfortable turning the other. I have recently had a 4 wheel alignment carried out but it hasnt really improved. its an 05 with 47k.

RS 182 CUP
your wheels should be towing in by 1.5 mills, how low is the tread on your tyres, you need to check them to see if theyre mishapen, my rear tyres were so bad they almost had corners in them which made it very unstable. where are you from i do all this for a living.

your wheels should be towing in by 1.5 mills, how low is the tread on your tyres, you need to check them to see if theyre mishapen, my rear tyres were so bad they almost had corners in them which made it very unstable. where are you from i do all this for a living.

do you do 4 wheel laser alignment at your place? or is it with a make up mirror and an adjustable spanner?

If you only changed one tyre then there'll be a lack of grip on one side (comparatively) which could cause a 'torque steer' feeling

If you only changed one tyre then there'll be a lack of grip on one side (comparatively) which could cause a 'torque steer' feeling

ahh right

i replaced the drivers side tyre with the same brand one i took off, and the passenger tyre had done around 1.5k from new. so would that still 'torque steer' feeling?

Clio Sport 182
Yea definitely check the tyres, mine felt unsteady for ages and not just torque steer after changing just one tyre on front being cheap. After replacing the other one after it was really low (illegal) the car handles really well again. Won't be scrimping tyres now I know how much difference it makes.

RS 182 CUP
when tread gets really low it allows tyre to mishape. its called tread pull when a tyre is pulling the car to one side, but that usually happens when two differant tread patterns on eg asymmetric and directional.

200 FF Storm Grey
yes mate only put one of those little farty weights on?

I had the same problem and it was due to a buckled wheel that's all I was thinking.

To be able feel it at 30mph seems quite extreme to me, I'd imagine its more down to your geometry than something being worn, especially with it instantly becoming a problem.

I had the same problem and it was due to a buckled wheel that's all I was thinking.

To be able feel it at 30mph seems quite extreme to me, I'd imagine its more down to your geometry than something being worn, especially with it instantly becoming a problem.

going to get all the geometry checked over again with the 4 wheel laser system, see what that says, no joy with that then i will just replace the lot save f**king about

cheers cunney