ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 vs 182 Trophy

Clio 182

I am looking at buying a clio 182 but i am not sure if the ride in the trophy will be too hard and if the seats in the trophy will be as nice to sit in as the 182 seats!.

What would you guys buy?

Are there any trophy owners on here with any comments about the ride & seats?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Both rides are firm and there is not much in it.Everyone here who owns a 182 or trophy are verry happy with there cars,telling you that which ever one you pick will be the right one

Check out both cars for the trim and see which one you like

ian

Trophy 88/500

iv got a trophy they are not the most comfortable car in the world but its not made for comfort its made for handling. if u want a higher spec go for the 182 if u want a better handling car go for the trophy

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000

Trophy has better suspension without doubt, not harsh.

Recaro seats in the Trophy are far and away better than standard crap, just the rear bench is plain.

Trophy wins on both counts, its the other toys missing from the full fat that id miss.

Focus ST

If youre in a position to get a Trophy then do it, you should lose less money on the residuals too because of the limited run.

As Paul J says, the Recaros are far superior, and although its nice for the overall look of the car to have nice rear seats I spend approximately 0% of the time sitting in or looking at the back seats.

A red missile

The trophys recaros are very comfy, better than i thought they would be, the ride is firm but its not like its too much to live with. Try them both out and give them a decent test drive, only you know what you want.

Quote: Originally posted by RN0 5EAN on 04 September 2005

iv got a trophy they are not the most comfortable car in the world but its not made for comfort its made for handling. if u want a higher spec go for the 182 if u want a better handling car go for the trophy
Sums them both up well

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by RN0 5EAN on 04 September 2005

Yup, spot on.

Had some great B road fun this weekend on the way to Trax.

youll lose less as already said with the trophy - great reviews, exclusive color and only 500 ever.

I was in same predicament but well glad i got the trophy- you just dont see em about. the wheels look the bollox too!

A red missile

Never seen another one around here, im with matt the cat, loving those wheels, and the recaros, and the colour. Just wish the back seats werent so dull, look right out of place, i personally never go there of course so i dont really care that much, just spoils the look.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

id hav the 182 to be honest...whilst the trophy has nice wheels although an inch to small for me, and stunnin seats, its doesnt have xenons and the colour is...emmm...well not my preference.

If i had a trophy (which id love to get) then i TRY and source the rear seats from a full fat. To keep the missus happy ;)

Mondeo STTDCI

Ive got a full fat, and have already put Trophy wheels on it!! Just need the recaros now!

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500

I am so glad that i went for the trophy instead of the full fat 182.

The handling is out of this world, and the looks you get from people is amazing. TBH the only real toys you lose out on are the auto wipers, Xenons and the CD changer. All of which i didnt want on the car anyway as i felt they were eaither to expensive to repair at a later date ie Xenon bulbs or the fact that i could add my own System into the car at a later date with regards to the CD changer. Auto wipers and lights are great if your a lazy sod;) and cant be arsed to do it your self.

Get the trophy its way more fun honest.

106 GTi

Quote: Originally posted by hip_spasm on 07 September 2005
Ive got a full fat, and have already put Trophy wheels on it!! Just need the recaros now!

well and the most important bit - the suspension!