ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 vs civic type r

clio 182
as anyone had a good go with a type R I have owned both cars and i think about the same, maybe the civic after 100 is quicker.

cock mobile.
Can of worms this one mate.

Owned a 172 Cup and Prefacelift EP3 and the Civic is quicker top end.

Clio MK 4
i have a 172 and had a tussle the other day. It was a straight and he was on my bumper lol. could mean he was at his limit as i was. or i was to slow for him.

Did sound modified when i turned off and he went past.

Audi TT, Ford Focus
The Type R is a lot harder to live with day in day out, the wife has a Type R GT and you really have to rev the nuts off it just to get it moving, its a nightmare in traffic. When driving hard for me its the Type R all day long, its very forgiving and a lot easier to keep in vtec due it having a point on the rev range where you know the cam lobes are going to change. The VVT on the Clio's uses cam phasing which is slightly different and harder to keep an eye, so if your bombing it round cadwell and your in the wrong gear at a slower corner, your going to lose a lot of speed.

Im going for the Clio cup because I drive in traffic a fair bit and its a lot more tame in traffic, If i didnt id go Type R :) If your ever up Manchester, bring your insurance docs and have a drive :)