ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Vs. Fiesta ST

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
i just got rid of my st few weeks back only ever got a few drives in a 172 cup of my work mates.im a ford nut and still say 182 would have my old st easy but definatley feel like there ment for different things even tho they are both hot hatches st always seems more refined cant really put my finger on why tho both built with plasticine. :)

A Flamin' Red one
I had one up my arse the other week, a youth with a baseball cap at a jaunty angle. At the time we were driving past a police station so I slowed right down to 30mph and let him sit on my arse for 100 yards or so until we rounded a bend. Dropped it into third, hit the loud peddle and watched him in my rear view mirror frantically changing gear to keep up with me.

Bye bye Ford!

Megane R26
LOL at the ST owners on that forum - tis why I never go on them. Deluded fools!! Can't wait to get rid of my ST tbh...

A Flamin' Red one
"i havent driven 1 but my mate has the 182 and hes driven mine and he says the st has alot better handling plus hes tried to keep up on the bends a few times and i always get him on the corners"

If said 182 owner is on this forum, get gone!

MCS R56
"i havent driven 1 but my mate has the 182 and hes driven mine and he says the st has alot better handling plus hes tried to keep up on the bends a few times and i always get him on the corners"

If said 182 owner is on this forum, get gone!

I hear his mate has has just been released from ward 9.

Ward 9 is the dumb f##k's ward.

Mk2 Clio dci
lol 182's all day! my sis had an ST, was pretty quick and get kept up with few other things but could never compete to a 182.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
There are some quick ones around.Its a heavily de-tuned engine and with the non turbo route ive seen ones for sale with 190 bhp with print outs

VW Caddy Van
I was in my mates 172 when he owned an ST, then tonight the same boy in the ST decided he wanted to try owning me, didn't work as he never even got a chance to get near me. ST = Slow Technology

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Built to compete with the lower powered Pug 206 GTi, never going to keep with a 182.

i have a 1.8 20v turbo golf mk4 (tank) and i comrortably loose them in every way my dads 182 pulls past me so 120% the clio will win all day long :rasp:

clio 182 +cup packs
was havin a blast against my mates type r a few weeks ago and some chav in a fiesta st tried joining in, he just kept catching up in traffic then when we opened up he had no chance...

Clio 182 Cup
There in 2 diffrent leagues Fiesta has no chance!!!
Ive raced a couple, only lasted a few seconds i was gone!
get more hastle off saxo vts or 106 gti!
U wana compare it to the focus st im all over the back of them, And they all hate it + dnt stand a chance round the bends!hahaha!

VW Caddy Van
Find it hard to believe u keep up with Focus STs unless it's the ST170 as my mate has an ST225 and i cannot keep with him at all in any way

Astra van,Mk1 nova
A good friend of mine has a fiesta st, the cup kills it! and we have done standing starts, rolling starts and on the b roads. Very nice car inside tho:cool:

clio 197, mazda rx7
a bit off the subject, ive seen a cosworth engined one a couple of times in brighton with a stupidly wide body kit, looks ugly imo but f*** me the wastegate is loud, must easily be running over 400 bhp. anyone know him?

a turbo'd yellow car
There in 2 diffrent leagues Fiesta has no chance!!!
Ive raced a couple, only lasted a few seconds i was gone!
get more hastle off saxo vts or 106 gti!
U wana compare it to the focus st im all over the back of them, And they all hate it + dnt stand a chance round the bends!hahaha!

second that! :lolup:

Clio 182 Cup
Find it hard to believe u keep up with Focus STs unless it's the ST170 as my mate has an ST225 and i cannot keep with him at all in any way

Yea not sure wat ur doing wrong but my cup is right with them. Ive raced 3 now and they all seamed pissed off to c me still next to them at 70 - 80 mph!! Ive got a few mods but nothin major just, full stainless exhaust with sports cat, and itg filter.

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
I used to think the fiesta st was lethal, to i drove 1 such a disappointment!!!!! Sloooooow! The 182 is in a total different league! better in every way imo

Porsche Boxster987S
was sitting up the arse of 1 the night to see what theyre like giving it beans (on a private track of course). Had to brake cause i was catching it too fast lol. boy was sound though.

bring on the ned comments

182 FF
As has been previously said, most of the fiesta st/zetec-s owners these days are young lads and have little car knowledge. The cliosport 1*2 would ruin one every time.

I had a Fiesta ST on a 24 hour test drive, dragged it against my mates 172.

The Clio pulled away cleanly everytime.

Nice looking cars though, just need that little bit more power and nicer inteior.

Was this a FF ora Cup ? :S

VW Caddy Van
I have had a play with alot of cars, most memorable and funnier one was a 350Z guy changed down then i changed down shot past him, then again side by side both changed down couldn't get me at all. But yet can't get my mates Focus ST225 lol oh well will keep trying.

Keep neck and neck with my mates Corsa VXR tho, well for now 3 weeks time it'll be running 240bhp