ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 wheels on 1.2 (help)

clio dynamic 1.2
hi,
my mate has a 54plate dynamic he has just brought 182 wheels which look fantastic, but once put on weve noticed that the wheels are very close to to the front and rear shocks and wheel arch lining, in one part on the n/s/r arch the tyre is rubbing,

does any one know or have had this problem them selves, and how did you solve it?

the tyres are 205/45/r16 as standard size, does anyone know if 195/45/r16 will fit these rims, or woulld spacers solve this and what size.

sorry to drag on.lol

thanks

You'll need some spacers to get the rear wheel out a bit.
I have a similar problem with my car on stock wheels with wider tyres and i've left it its worn away so much of the liner but it won't wear away any more it depends how bad or how much you want to sepdn easy way is to cut the offending material away.

clio dynamic 1.2
cheers edde, dont think he really wants to cut away at the plastic surrounding things like the struts,but cheers for the advice:D

Da

Less
as has been mentioned, the problems shouldn't be too bad. I added 5mm spacers to the rear just to stop the inner arch liner rubbing. I now have no probs at all on 205/45/R16's and I'm down 60mm.

on 182 wheels iv got 5mm spacers all round and i tihnk iv stopped the rubbing, dont really no havent check it. my car is quite low aswell.