ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 whistle noise, when you put foot down

NOT THE WINGMIRROR.

When i put me foot down at about 3k a whistle comes from the engine or engine bay.

is this normal

any idea, does anyone else have this: my car has done 650 miles

cheers

yep my 182 does it too!! I think it sounds pretty cool :)

I reckon its either: induction roar (most probable?), air going under the bonnet, or a secret little turbo that renault forgot to tell us about!! lol

Laguna

Is it doing it with the climate control switched off, I used to find on my 172 if I switched the climate off I used to get the same sounding whistle.

Have you replaced the standard grill, i dont have a 182 but when i replaced my grill i found i get a whistling noise from the air coming under the bonnet, because the standard grill had the bit of plastic behind it to redirect the air.

Other than that i would say its the mirrors, cause mine do it too.

only head it with the cilmate control off.

The car is standard, it does sound like a turbo spinning up.

well aslong as others do it, it fine

cheers guys, this forum really does kick ass.

can not wait to become a full member

it is a thing on the airbox intake down at the front lhs of the car. (rhs if you are looking at the engine bay. there is a flap in one of the pipes that whistles on the 172s so maybe the same thing.

/y0z

Read this http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=101388&SearchPagePosition=1&search=182+5TH+GEAR&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=2&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=SearchTesthttp://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=101388&SearchPagePosition=1&search=182+5TH+GEAR&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=2&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=SearchTest

Test drove mine with mechanic from renault, said it needed a new gearbox. It goes in for a week on monday, sorry to worry you but its best to get it checked. Get it sorted whilst its under warranty. Make sure you insist they replace the gear box. Its quicker to repair it, but better havin a new one even if it means a courtesy car for a week.

Good Luck

yeah my 182 is doin the same, was thinkin of getting it checked out, its not wind noise, i thought it sounded like a seal had broken somewhere!

Ford Fiesta

mine does it , seems to come from passenger footwell, not as noticeable now 4K miles.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

i get the whistle noise when im tonking above 5k, still does it and car has done just over 5k, and its a cup without climate control.

sounds cool though

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

mine does it too, 172 never. Dont think its a problem tho, personally think it sounds pretty cool

Mine had two whistles, one from the driver-side mirror (fixed yesterday under warantee) and then when pulling hard a reasonable speed - but I reckon this is just induction or something and Im not overly concerned as it sounds kinda "cool". Glad to hear others have found the same!

Mine whistles through the air vents inside the car, usually 80mph+ my local dealer said theyd fixed it, but car came back with a filthy inside screen, no change. Took it to another dealer who couldnt fix it and said all the 172s they had in did the same........ Another quirk from Renault!

172 cup TT

mine does it too (Cup) - only when booting it AND i can only hear it when the passenger window is down... spoke to reno and they said that i must be coincidently passing a whilstling man at the time which is what i can hear... glad i have warrently or i would have had to pay loads for that "repair"

mine also does it wouldnt really worry about it. but as someone said they hear it more when the passenger window is open as the sound seems to be coming from that side of the car. does sound cool.

Mine makes a whistling noise sound like a turbo but it cant be the mirrors, grille or anything similar as it does it when revved and stationary

Elise/VX220/R26

mine whistles at motorway speed unless you have the fans on (even if they are on but set to zero)

Ford Fiesta

it would have to be something really annoying or serious before Id take mine to renault for anything!

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 09 September 2004
mine does it , seems to come from passenger footwell, not as noticeable now 4K miles.

mine comes from same place developed after 10k definately engine related

Mondeo STTDCI

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 11 September 2004

it would have to be something really annoying or serious before Id take mine to renault for anything!

Yes, as they ALWAYS f**k something up.