ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 will be on 5th gear

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Yup i saw that mate! Looked like itll be a good one, love seeing the 182 rip it up on the track!

Yaris Hybrid

To be honest I dont rate this programme at all. Some of the tests they do are utter nonsense. Often a car will win every test apart from some ridiculous final test where they ask a group of people to stand by their favourite car and they all stand next to the sh1t but fashionable motor so that one wins despite losing every other test.

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Who cares lol.....i only watch it to see Tiff take every car round the track sideways haha

car? need a license 1st!

top gear is better than 5th gear, but ill watch 5th gear when this clio episode is on..

any ideas when?

did anyone watch top gear on sunday? with that new vauxhall movaro VXR or somthing? what a foooken beast!!!

Quote: Originally posted by Gary G on 25 October 2004
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Who cares lol.....i only watch it to see Tiff take every car round the track sideways haha

completely agree!

the reviews are rubbish but tiffs driving its fn fantastic!

they didnt say when its on but lap data is on website apparently

Octavia VRS

Quote: Originally posted by Chewy on 26 October 2004

top gear is better than 5th gear, but ill watch 5th gear when this clio episode is on..

any ideas when?

did anyone watch top gear on sunday? with that new vauxhall movaro VXR or somthing? what a foooken beast!!!
just watched the repeated top gear tonight (bbc 2, 11.20pm)- that vauxhall MONARO VXR is minted - well its a Holden really and i want the new 911!!

Top Gear is by far the best, although 5th is close and often do more "reasonable" Car Tests.

Driven is ok on 4, but cant compare to the other two.

Full Fat 182 - Was..

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 25 October 2004

To be honest I dont rate this programme at all. Some of the tests they do are utter nonsense. Often a car will win every test apart from some ridiculous final test where they ask a group of people to stand by their favourite car and they all stand next to the sh1t but fashionable motor so that one wins despite losing every other test.
you mean top gear not 5th gear

top gear is w**k and is just a load of crap of the boys, 5th gear give you some real good tests, results and informantion

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by James 182 on 26 October 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 25 October 2004

you mean top gear not 5th gear

top gear is w**k and is just a load of crap of the boys, 5th gear give you some real good tests, results and informantion
He means Driven, thats the one where you stand around your car of choice. I was on that. :D Mike Brewer was a top bloke.

5th Gear is repeated tonight. Worth watching only because it has a Porsche on.

Top Gear is entertaining, 5th gear is just dull. Neither show does any decent tests. Car vs Bike has been done before and the car won, car vs bike vs boat, who cares. Top Gears times!! What a waste of time that sh*t is, most the time they would be better off with a boat rather than a car.

Clio 200 Cup packed

top gear much a much more entertaining without doubt

5th gear really do have some totally random sh*t on at times, as lee says a boat v car v bike, fecks that about!!!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by iceblue182 on 26 October 2004
Quote: Originally posted by Gary G on 25 October 2004Who cares lol.....i only watch it to see Tiff take every car round the track sideways haha

completely agree!

the reviews are rubbish but tiffs driving its fn fantastic!

they didnt say when its on but lap data is on website apparently

I only watch it to see VBH !! ;)

Yaris Hybrid

Sorry my mistake I was indeed thinking of Driven, that show really is crap.

5th Gear yeah is ok but like Top Gear they do tend to focus more on what is fashionable than what is capable. Probably because they dont do proper reviews anymore like they did back in the 80s. As a result it always boils down to which car would be best for your image.

In that sense a Seat, Honda or Mini will always come ahead of a Clio in one of their group tests. At least the Top Gear test track can provide some justice.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 26 October 2004

Currently scheduled for 15 November. 182 v CTR
Oooo, should be interesting. If all the mags are correct then the Clio should eek out a tiny lead.

Ford Fiesta

do you know the outcome then Jeremy, do they not inform Renault of the outcome, and what thhy are going to say etc?

Liam

you can PM me if others dont want to know the outcome.

Fantastic now that is a shootout! :cool:

Yaris Hybrid

The CTR will come out on top.

The price differences will be mysteriously overlooked. The lack of kit in the Honda will mysteriously be overlooked. Despite going around the Top Gear track quicker the Clio will mysteriously be slower around Anglesey or where ever.

Who cares if the CTR is .1 of a second or even half an hour quicker round the track on Top gear, 5th grear, Low gear, whatever, Im just looking forward to see the 182 in the hands of the most spectacular motoring show driver/tester ever, Tiff Needell!

ClioSport 182

Any chance of anyone recording this and posting the avi file here? I would love to see it but dont get the UK channels here in Spain.

Thanks in advance!

KnightAzul

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Top gear needs Tiff back.

Ditch that posh bushy haired whatshisname who cares whatshisnameis and replace him with Tiff.Whilst we are at it get VBH onto Top gear.

Now we are talking...

"Often a car will win every test apart from some ridiculous final test where they ask a group of people to stand by their favourite car and they all stand next to the sh1t but fashionable motor so that one wins despite losing every other test"

Yeah, this really pisses me off too, cos youll get them all clustered round some sh1te like a 318 or a Cooper and thats supposed to be a review.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by KnightAzul on 27 October 2004

Any chance of anyone recording this and posting the avi file here? I would love to see it but dont get the UK channels here in Spain.

Thanks in advance!

KnightAzul
Im sure KDF will, but Ill do it also just in case.

Yaris Hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by Yugguy on 27 October 2004

"Often a car will win every test apart from some ridiculous final test where they ask a group of people to stand by their favourite car and they all stand next to the sh1t but fashionable motor so that one wins despite losing every other test"

Yeah, this really pisses me off too, cos youll get them all clustered round some sh1te like a 318 or a Cooper and thats supposed to be a review.

Yup I always remember the one where the VX220 (sorry to mention it again!) raped the Elise on track, raped the Elise in the leaky roof test, raped the Elise in the value for money (or whatever other test it was) test and even cost less......yet the Elise was the "clear winner" as more people stood next to it in the desireability test!!!!

Riiiiiight!

The Clio has f**k all chance against the CTR as 5th Gear and good old Tiff are no more objective than Driven.

ClioSport 182

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 27 October 2004

Quote: Originally posted by KnightAzul on 27 October 2004

Thanks in advance!

KnightAzul
Im sure KDF will, but Ill do it also just in case.
Youre a star! Thanks. Let me know when its available and Ill download it ASAP so that it doesnt eat up server space for too long.

KnightAzul