ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 with Cup - Black 04 or Blue 05? Torn!!

FF RS 182 Cup Racing Blue
This is my first post on the site....

Here is my problem...

I am torn between 2 cars....

Car 1...

182 with Cup Pack
Black
28,000 miles
04 Plate
£9995

Car 2...

182 with Cup Pack
Racing Blue
8,000 miles
05 Plate
£11,500

I have seen and driven Car 1 it is in very good nick and drives really well, test drove it today at about 15:00 :D. Car 2, is not in the garage yet, but arrives tomorrow, but I have first refusal on buying it as I put down a small deposit, also the showroom manager has classed the car as minted.

Which do you feel will give better value overall. The Black makes the car look amazing, so I am going that way but am I paying over the odds? Any advice would be great...

I am going back tomorrow to make my decision....

106 GTi
Welcome to CS.

Colour alone go for the Black!

The Blue one is lower miles but seems dear, they could be got for 12K ish new.

Leon Cupra 300
The black one seems expensive, i was offered just before xmas a racing blue on 54 plate, 7000 miles all cup packs for 9750 from a dealer.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I thought they only did cups in racing blue , not full fats with cup packs ? Correct me if i'm wrong somebody !

Leon Cupra 300
MRBILLYUK said:
I thought they only did cups in racing blue , not full fats with cup packs ? Correct me if i'm wrong somebody !

your wrong ;)

one i took out was racing blue, both cup packs,, climate, zenons, leather etc etc etc

Ad

MK2 FRS
he means 182cups.

these appear to be full fat 182s with both cup packs

very pricey both imho.

Puma 1.7 16v
I'd go for Black, but not that particular one, theres some out there with less miles.

But if its got to be one of those two, then go for the Blue.

Megane Mk4
The 05 plater, it's newer, lower milage and the engine will be just starting to ease out of being tight ;)..
Plus it's Blue !! ;) ...
(not that I'm biased or anything .... much) :D

106 GTi
MRBILLYUK said:

Cups proper where in racing or inferno only, but full fats could be brought in both colours aswell.

Maz

LY 200
Welcome to Cliosport ..

As said the prices seem a bit high.. however if you are going to splash the cash and buy one of the no matter what I would go for the blue but I think you should be looking at paying no more than £10k ??? there are some cracking exapmles on piston heads and Auto Trader .. shop around .. ??

Marie :)

Wow! Thanks for the replies guys!

They are both Full Fats with Both Cup packs on...

The Racing Blue seems to be the best option... the prices are from a renault dealer inc. part ex with my old clio, which they have given the settlement fee for it, as I got the car on Renault Selections... not bad really as it has done over 20 miles than it should have done... (around £1300 extra!)... the old car should have been about £4000 settlement with RFS...

The Racing Blue has less mileage... but once I get hold of it... it will get driven quite abit... (for business use!! lol) Also, the extra 2 year warranty looks like it will seal the deal...

The Black looks sexy as though!!

Not long before I go and look at the Racing Blue... what would be a good price??

Ok... thanks. So i'll need to knock them down at least around £1000 of the markup price.

I've just had the call from the dealership that the Blue one has just arrived... so i'm off to inspect. :approve:

:argue: Time to Haggle!! :D

I'll let you all know how I get on...

Mini Cooper S sport
Good luck - racing blue is the best choice! Get that price down to 10k or less though..

Black looks fantastic when it's clean..but you have to wash it all the time to keep it looking that way!

Ad

MK2 FRS
gazstfc said:
Ok... thanks. So i'll need to knock them down at least around £1000 of the markup price.

I've just had the call from the dealership that the Blue one has just arrived... so i'm off to inspect. :approve:

:argue: Time to Haggle!! :D

I'll let you all know how I get on...

haggle hard mate.:approve:

Tangoed Works
I paid 9800 for my 182 ff both cup packs, with 14k miles 2 months ago from my local Ren Dealer. Jul 05 plate.

Well guys...

I am now the owner of the Racing Blue Clio 182.

Ok...now before anyone starts slating me.... btw... thanks for all the advice... cos I was going to get the black one to be honest...

I have bought it for £11,000. The car was immaculate... and has been very well looked after... I basically fell in love with it... It drives well... and is also under a year old... so they have thrown in a years full service with the price...

Pics are below...

Side
Font
Back

Puma 1.7 16v
gazstfc said:
Well guys...

I am now the owner of the Racing Blue Clio 182.

Ok...now before anyone starts slating me.... btw... thanks for all the advice... cos I was going to get the black one to be honest...

I have bought it for £11,000. The car was immaculate... and has been very well looked after... I basically fell in love with it... It drives well... and is also under a year old... so they have thrown in a years full service with the price...

Pics are below...

Side
Font
Back

Great news!! :D

Mini Cooper S sport
Nice one - great choice! I remember when I first set eyes on mine, and just thought "WOW!". It looked so bright compared to my black 172 and I knew I just HAD to have it.

Hope you enjoy it.

Mk1 V6 Import
Your torn eh?

Stitch or sew yourself back together and then buy a V6 for 11 or 12K.....Wheres the challenge in a FWD that looks like a 1200?

Tim Lennox said:
Your torn eh?

Stitch or sew yourself back together and then buy a V6 for 11 or 12K.....Wheres the challenge in a FWD that looks like a 1200?

I'm only 22!! The insurance would kill me...:S

I'd rather have my 182....:D