ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 with cup packs lowering

Focus RS, 182 gone
fancy getting my 182 lowered, but iv been told that the 40mm springs hardly make any differance, and i hate it when the front looks lower than the back. So what coilovers are best for the really low look? how much are they and where can i get them? I am looking for a similar lowness to the pic iv attached.....

Cheers

Attachments

• lowered 182.jpg
    lowered 182.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 177
  182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Gaz coilovers do seem to go low but heard not that good reports about their handling.

H&R's are pretty special but also 900 pound special.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
cheapest wont do too much for your ride though. FK coilovers at around 500 are supposed to be good value for money.

Or just buy some Eibach springs

E91 M Sport
Whoever told you -40mm doesn't lower it much is lying - its very noticable (and the back is just as low as the front). For the sake of £90, I'd try this first.

Apex springs will lower the most, and firm up the spongy ride nicely.

No more clio's for me!
miketheman2k said:
Whoever told you -40mm doesn't lower it much is lying - its very noticable (and the back is just as low as the front). For the sake of £90, I'd try this first.

Apex springs will lower the most, and firm up the spongy ride nicely.

Agreed! :approve:

I'm on Apex and my arse is almost covering my back wheels and the ride is very firm :)

IMG_3071.jpg

IMG_3036.jpg

Focus RS, 182 gone
mike does it have the cup packs? cus i rang ABP motorsport and they said they wouldnt do it if it has cup packs cus u can hardly tell?? you got any pics form the side view?

No more clio's for me!
azzer2000 said:
cus i rang ABP motorsport and they said they wouldnt do it if it has cup packs cus u can hardly tell??

Thats total crap! lol

Mikes deffo has cup packs.

Edit: Do a search for Blunty's car as well, inferno 182 with cup packs on -40mm Apex :)

azzer2000 said:
nah, the clios with cup packs are already 10mm lower, so there will be a differance

The springs Renault fit to the cars are fractionally different but the aftermarket springs are all the same. It's not 10mm its about 3 iirc and an increased spring rate for a firmer ride than a non cupped car.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
no one buys a cup packed 182 for the "better" suspension lol to be honest you wont notice any difference in ride height, you might feel a difference on track if your a good driver, dont know tho never drove a cuped or non cuped

tiTTy & SV650
the nominal difference between cup and un-cup'd is 3mm as has been said, the manufacturing tolerances mean that theres a tolerance of +/- 5mm on the suspension height so in theory my un-cup'd 182 could be up to 7mm lower than a cup'd 182 put that in your pipe and smoke it lol

either way apex springs lower the car 40mm lower than it is standard. so it will always sit 40mm lower, end of.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
eibach make two springs, the sportline and the proline. One doesnt lower hardly any but firm up the ride nicely, and the other drop the car around 20-30mm. Which versions did you fit? (cant remember which lower more though :()

most people who want a nice drop go for the apex (40mm)

Lionel Richie
Hi everyone,

Do you mind me asking which springs your fitting to the 182 cups as we have tried
eibachs on them and they just dont come down atall.

Then we tried Pi 60mm lowering springs and you couldnt turn the wheel on the front
because it was hard up to the arch.

Thanks,

Dave Roberts
www.abpmotorsport.co.uk
dave@abpmotorsport.co.uk
01270 567177

sounds like you've fitted prolines

PI don't do a 60mm spring for the 182 or the 172

R

rich[182]

Thought prolines are progressive -10mm, sportlines progressive -25 to -30mm and apex linear -40mm

Focus RS, 182 gone
must say, the apex drop the front mint, but only a fraction at the back. Cant understand why a company hasnt designed a spring that rams the back down :s