ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 wont start,cutting out, loss of power

LY 182
So this past week the 182 has been abit of a pain, just turning over and not firing the first few turns of the key,
once it did decide to fire up it would tick over for 15 seconds or so then cut out, these past 2 days its been getting worse, been loosing power as im driving along sounds like its going onto 3 or maby even 2 cylinders for 5 seconds or so then going back to normal.
and other times its been cutting out all together but would fire up straight away just by turning the key off and back on while coasting along
now ive parked it up about an hour and a half ago and i cant get it to fire at all, just spinning over and over, lifted the bonnet and the inlet manifold is still red hot! Thought this would of cooled down by now, it has been parked in the sun mind.

Anyone got any idead ?
Coilpack,ECU,imobiliser ?

cars got a 98ron rstuner map on, the problem started about a week after putting the map on so maby ive done something wrong or it may just be acoincidence

Edit: just thought id add that the starting problem is intermittent, some mornings it would fire up straight away and be fine all day, or if it did decide not to start it would only be for the first 3 trys or so.. But ive been trying for a good half hour now and no joy, tried locking and unlocking

03 clio 172
Had exactly the same issues,can run fine for weeks then as i slow down at junction cuts out wont start after 30mins 1 hour when cooled down will start up and run fine.had new plugs coil pack crank shaft sensor had all other sensors checked and its been on renault click diagnostics STILL no ideas.Please let me know if u do any better before i have to sell it.

TDC Sensor?

I had a similar issue over weekend. Turned over fine, just wouldnt fire. checked the relays, all ok. Took the TDC sensor off and cleaned, popped it back on, fired straight up!

LY 182
TDC Sensor?

I had a similar issue over weekend. Turned over fine, just wouldnt fire. checked the relays, all ok. Took the TDC sensor off and cleaned, popped it back on, fired straight up!

Sounds good! Ill take mine out tomorrow and have a look what its like, just went back to the car and it still wont fire up, was driving ok before i stopped aswell,

LY 182
Went and payed the car another visit, started up first time let it run for 10mins to charge the battery and then turned it on and off a good 10 times, no problems at all, still no faults found :banghead:

LY 182
My brother's 182 had a running issue when the pre-cat lambda that sounded similar to yours. New sensor cured the problem.

Cheers, ill have to get it plugged into my rs tuner when im home on friday see if its stored any faults in its memory

LY 182
y9ahy3ap.jpg

Plugged the car into the rs tuner, still havnt found the cause of the problem but these 2 fault codes must have something to do with it, DF0061 DF0062 ignition coil 1-4 fault and ignition coil 2-3 fault,
Anyone got any ideas ?