ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Xenons Not Working After Rain

Renault Clio RS182
Hi everyone, recently my Xenons have been playing up, at first it was after I had washed the car and the passenger side xenon wasn't working, so I swapped over the igniter packs and they worked again. Skip forward a couple of weeks and we had some rain, nothing too bad but I noticed the drivers side xenon had gone out, I put this down to being the igniter pack seeing as I had swapped it with the passenger side and now it's the drivers side which doesn't work.

Well, today we had a pretty bad thunderstorm, when I finished work I checked my lights to find neither of them working, the side lights and full beam work fine but not the xenons, I have a feeling it's either the igniter packs getting wet, or the ballasts are flooding, there is no cover on the back of the xenon bulb housing as they are just crappy bits of rubber that didn't fit properly.

Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem and if so, if you have found a fix, I dont fancy forking out tons of cash to replace the ballasts and ignitors in both sides if there is a reason its happening.

Thanks for your time.

Renault Clio RS182
I know they are, I didn't take them off, when I bought the car one was missing and the other has mysteriously gone missing now as well. Could this solve the problem, if so, anyone know where I can get some new covers? I tried the scrappers but they had no RS models and I assume the covers are different sizes.

Clio 182
Having the same problem with my drivers side xenon headlight, will invest in covers as I dont think it has one, cheers for this,was helpful for me too