ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182FF Inferno Turbo

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Until I actually fitted some, my thought process was always they would be really harsh and cause loads of vibrations in the cabin, even more so on a standard car interior.

What I have found over the years is that if you replace just one of the main three mounts, such as the dog bone, this greatly increased the cabin vibrations. Same if you fitted just a top mount powerflex insert. In replacing all three with solid they are great and vibrations in the cabin minimal.

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Until I actually fitted some, my thought process was always they would be really harsh and cause loads of vibrations in the cabin, even more so on a standard car interior.

What I have found over the years is that if you replace just one of the main three mounts, such as the dog bone, this greatly increased the cabin vibrations. Same if you fitted just a top mount powerflex insert. In replacing all three with solid they are great and vibrations in the cabin minimal.
The problem with worn mounts is that the rubber is compressed so much as it is rubber anymore or has metal to metal contact.
Did you also replace the 4th engine mount? (Or gearbox mount)
It is attached on the subframe with one bolt and the other bolt to gearbox metal brace.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
In my opinion much better than the standard mounts. Got the Ktec ones in both the track car and turbo with Evol dog bone and they are ace. All three have to be done at the same time, but can't recommend them enough. No noise, hardly any vibrations, much less engine movement making gear changes better and they are not harsh at all.
I can completely agree with this. Had VT Engine mounts and a Poly bushed gearbox mount on my Clio for 4 odd years now and have experienced no more harshness or vibration than I felt stock. Everything feels really tied down and takes all the slop out of the engine and gearbox. IMO a no brainier for a turbo’d car.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
The problem with worn mounts is that the rubber is compressed so much as it is rubber anymore or has metal to metal contact.
Did you also replace the 4th engine mount? (Or gearbox mount)
It is attached on the subframe with one bolt and the other bolt to gearbox metal brace.

These seem to always get overlooked, I’m yet to see one worn out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
This is now in the for sale section due to purchase of my perfect spec Megan 265 at the weekend, which was a bit of a random and lucky find! Still using the inferno and absolutely love it. I am not in a position to keep both unfortunately. Please message me if you require any further details. I have priced the car at £7500. Not the easiest of cars to price as pretty special and apart from standard cars and mainly stripped out boosted cars there is not much out there to compare it against!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Didn't think this would be moved on so quickly! I wish I wasn't wasting all my money on house stuff. GLWS hopefully it finds a good home and I look forward to seeing the megane.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Didn't think this would be moved on so quickly! I wish I wasn't wasting all my money on house stuff. GLWS hopefully it finds a good home and I look forward to seeing the megane.

Plan was always to keep it until the right Megane popped up! I didn't expect to find one in the spec I wanted for some time as have been browsing them in the background for ages, before being in a position to buy one.

BMW 840i Gran Coupe
I'd love to own this again, but unfortunately I don't have the money!

I owned it between March 2013 and March 2015.

Glad to see it's still going, it's still my profile picture on here. I sold it to someone called Neil, who didn't do the belts, which fucked the engine and the guy that turbo'd it bought it quite cheap.

This looks epic now. So glad it's still going strong!

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Stuck a Ktec sports cat and Ktec system that I have for the emissions on mot. I really like the look of it. Need to mess around with the tail pipe a bit more as one side sits out more than the other. The tail pipes both slide on separately . It is one rear silencer as opposed to the Scorpion, which has two. Has a real turbo burble to it and having a cat seems to have increased the turbo noise. I also fitted a new genuine manifold to cat gasket I had. I am going to swap the cat out for a decat and see what that is like noise wise.

Was mot day today. Failed initially on rear side and brake light 🤦🏼‍♂️ That was my fault for not checking before I went. I normally religiously check all the basic stuff. With the bulbs changed quickly it went straight through so all good for another 12 months!

While in the air I took the opportunity to change the oil. Drove it to work this evening and loved it! Will get some better pictures of the exhaust system.

20200915_121508.jpg
20200915_121526.jpg
20200915_164448.jpg

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Feel like I am getting a bit like @frayz when it comes to the exhaust system 🙈 With the turbo fitted the exhaust noise is quite subtle on the car.

This has caused me to fit a third exhaust system, which having read online is normally very loud on the NA 182. It is a John Ashley custom exhaust system, which looks very well made and is an excellent fit. It has a decat pipe that gets rid of the olive joint too.

I have fitted the system. Sounds awsome. Nice burble sound on tick over(which I love), not too noisey when just driving normally and then just the right noise when I push on. I can still hear the turbo so all good!

20200909_162350.jpg
20200909_162356.jpg
20200909_162416.jpg

Excuse the horrible joiner, new stainless one on order. I am finding the clutch easier more now I have got used to it. I have had a good play with a few fast cars and the inferno still impresses! It just feels so quick.

I hope to fit a set of Bilstein B14's if I get a chance this week and potentially some different wheels that are 15"(I blame @frayz for that too!) I also have a 300mm OMP wheel that I am going to try.

I have fitted some genuine renaultsport mats too. Will get some pictures when I get a chance.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Lmao. How am I getting the blame for this here?
😂

Looking good dude. Nice to have a play with parts till you get it just how you want it. I’m loving my PMS on mine now. It’s perfect for me.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Steering wheel was letting the interior down a bit. I nearly fitted a 300mm OMP wheel I have, but decided against it in the end as it's a road car. I put a wanted add up a few weeks ago for a Snappy retrimmed wheel that would suit the car. I never expected to get offered one with orange stitching, but @Ambo came up trumps!

Snappy wheel with an orange top center ring and orange stitching in mint condition 😁 Just need to swap the cruise buttons over and then will fit tomorrow. Still plan on either fitting the almost new B14'S I have or there is a set of 60mm BC coilovers I am interested in.

I have also secured my old set of Evo Recaros on Jon Foz subframes, which I will also be fitting soon. The current owner of them is just waiting for his new Corbeau seats to arrive.

20201024_135544.jpg
20201024_135553.jpg

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, i20N
Can't beat a Snappy wheel. Have one sat in my garage as I fitted a OMP Targa as my car is mainly a track car.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
What happened to selling this? Came to your senses?

I was in two minds about selling and have decided paying off my loan can wait 😂 Every time I drive it is such an experience, I absolutely love it. The noise, speed, handling, looks, colour. I don't plan to do too much more to it, but will be worth the same in a year as it does now. Just going to hold into it and enjoy. I need to keep hold of at least one 172/182 now the track car has gone and this one is pretty special.

E36 M3,172 cup
That's pretty good power and reliability from a Chinese turbo 😎. Shame the cup went but I'm guessing you like the 182 more? Definitely thinking of getting a ED turbo for my 172 cup

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
That's pretty good power and reliability from a Chinese turbo 😎. Shame the cup went but I'm guessing you like the 182 more? Definitely thinking of getting a ED turbo for my 172 cup

I was supposed to sell both, the Cup just sold first. I really liked the Cup too, very different cars. I have the Megane to use as a track car now, but also fast road use and the school run if needed!

The inferno just feels so quick and raw. It surprises some very quick cars. If I get offered the right money then will probably still sell, but it is staying for the time being! Fitted the steering wheel earlier and looks well smart.

The ED conversion on the track car would have been awsome!

E36 M3,172 cup
I am the same with my cup, its worth quite a bit and I don't use it much as I have a work van and a Mercedes family car and a e36 m3 project but I still never actually bring myself to sell it and as my bro has a clio again it's quite nice do trackdays and road trips together in clios.

Would you say the turbo setup would suit ta cup better than say cams etc?

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Went to move the inferno on Tuesday and the alternator started smoking! I must have needed to replace the alternator on nearly ever Clio I have owned! Stripped the bumper, headlight and slam panel. Removed the old alternator, which I think is probably the original one, so has done pretty well. I ordered a new genuine alternator to replace it with.

20210223_160148.jpg
20210223_160156.jpg
20210223_160201.jpg

The new alternator arrived today and I have fitted it this evening. I have left the bumper and headlights loose in order to have a good clean behind them at the weekend.

With all the love that the RB has had over lockdown it's only right the inferno gets some too. I have removed the side skirts to clean behind and will take the arch liners out. I also purchased a battery cover some time ago that encloses the air filter. Will add some more pictures at the weekend.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Front panel all cleaned using tardis, then a autoglym shampoo wash. New alternator fitted and car all running again. I have some aftermarket carbon washer blanks I am tempted to fit while bumper is still loose. Ran out of time to give it a good clean, that is tomorrow's job if I get back from work in daylight.

20210228_165854.jpg
20210228_170513.jpg

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
It's all back together bar the side skirts, which I will rivit back on tomorrow. Decided to ditch the washer jets and fit the carbon washer blanks I had, chuffed I did too! Also fitted the battery cover that encloses the air filter a bit more. Wiped it with GT85 and some of the paint came off it 🙈 I am going to get it powder coated along with a few other engine bay bits to match the inlet manifold.

Can't believe how dirty it was considering I have not driven it that much.

20210306_160028.jpg

20210306_155954.jpg

20210306_160003.jpg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
It's all back together bar the side skirts, which I will rivit back on tomorrow. Decided to ditch the washer jets and fit the carbon washer blanks I had, chuffed I did too! Also fitted the battery cover that encloses the air filter a bit more. Wiped it with GT85 and some of the paint came off it 🙈 I am going to get it powder coated along with a few other engine bay bits to match the inlet manifold.

Can't believe how dirty it was considering I have not driven it that much.

View attachment 1525445
View attachment 1525443
View attachment 1525442
Nathan Clay battery cover?

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Not too sure. I bought it used off the forum for a good price and well happy with it. Needed to adjust it a bit to make sure it does not short on the battery!
Same one as mine, used some foam padding on the underside