ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182FF Inferno Turbo

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Finally decided this week that it is time to move the Turbo on. For no other reason than I have the Megane and the Cup, so the sensible side of me has taken over. I have ended up keeping it much longer than I ever intended too.

I have listed the car on ebay and been honest in my description. This is not really a car for daily duties and it is well worth having a bit of mechanical knowledge and sympathy. The paddle clutch will not be for everyone, although I have learnt to live with it. It will however put a smile on your face every single time you drive it!

I have listed the car on Ebay with a classified advert for £6,995. I feel this is more than reasonable bearing in mind the engine, gearbox and turbo conversion cost more than that! Added to the fact it is a 182FF in inferno orange, 88k with some tasteful modifications and in excellent condition.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Car sold today to the first person that actually viewed it. Turned up when arranged, paid what we agreed prior to collecting and was a real car enthusiast that was previously into R5 turbos. Real nice bloke who I am sure will continue to improve the car and cherish it. He managed to get on with the paddle clutch too having previously owned Subaru's and Evos with paddle clutches.

The amount of time wasters I have had to deal with is unbelievable. Multiple messages, phone calls and stupid blind offers.

Unfortunately a couple of those people are forum members. One in particular seriously wasted my time. This was the same with the RB I built during lockdown. Common courtesy seems to have gone out the window in modern society. How hard is it to say "Thanks for the info" or "Thanks, I have decided it is not for me" selling cars seems to have become an absolute joke, not sure I could actually of provided any more information or been more honest in my description of the car.

Anyway rant over and I am chuffed it has gone to a good home. So pleased I bought this car and my opinion of turbo Clios is that they are awsome. It has never let me down, always put a smile on my face and surprised some seriously quick cars. I used it when needed as a daily and more recently as a toy. If it was not for the Megane and lack of garage space I would definitely of kept it as a toy. There was no point in it just sitting on my driveway though, so the sensible option was to sell it so I can concentrate on the Megane and Cup. I was however a little sad as the new owner drove off in it.

It was nice when I saw a comment posted on the clio Facebook page though, which I will leave below. It is indeed a gem.......

20210509_183050.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
About ten mins ago mooched on my watched list and saw it sold. Did you get what you needed for it Mark

Last edited:

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
About ten mins ago mokched on my watched list and saw it sold. Did you get what you needed for it Mark

Sold close to asking price. Been advertised for 3 weeks and had a ridiculous amount of interest. There were 155 watches on the ebay advert.

This weekend I had a que of people wanting to buy it for some reason. One even offered me the full asking price prior to viewing and a large non refundable deposit! I had already spoken to the buyer on the phone and agreed a price. He had booked train tickets and sorted insurance, that he sent me pics of. He also arranged viewing at the first opportunity. I do try my best to be fair, but have learnt a couple of valuable lessons selling the RB and inferno turbo.