ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182FF vs VX220

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
I was never out of control, had visibility 300 + metres ahead _ and always an option to pull back in.
The move was in 3rd gear with 3k left on boost - again only in this car, if it was in my Cup it would of been suicidal.

It would still be deemed dangerous by the authorities, plus you must have been close to 100mph by the last car. Very quick but not clever!
What the f**k is wrong with doing 100mph? Why isn't that clever? Would you rather he didn't go past 60 and risk getting wiped out? Or not overtake and fall asleep of boredom?

Lighten up!

MCS R56
It would still be deemed dangerous by the authorities, plus you must have been close to 100mph by the last car. Very quick but not clever!
What the f**k is wrong with doing 100mph? Why isn't that clever? Would you rather he didn't go past 60 and risk getting wiped out? Or not overtake and fall asleep of boredom?

Lighten up!

100mph on a public B road is not clever, especially when there is other traffic nearby. Yes, you do sometimes have to wait to get passed and if it means getting bored then tough $hit! I'm not saying he isn't skilled enough to drive at that speed but but if you get caught or something happens then yes, you will not feel too clever, will you?

Dumb a$$!

might not look too quick, but I would never of attempted this in my clio....
th_vxclip.jpg

That sped up? Looks too quick to be standard!

williams and trophy
lol..iv driven both..over the same road...the willy was quicker. i have a pass, and the owner of the vx to prove it lol

think the vids kinda show wot they can actually do....3 diff williams'

the vx s seem to pull like valver pace to me tbh. not overly quick but not exactly shy. was a non turbo version tho.

lmao @ the willy haters ;)

I don't hate Clio Williams, I think they're bloody good cars. But to say that the standard VX220 is the same pace as a Williams is just crazy. Everything about the VX from the chassis to the lack of weight means it will out perform a Williams all over. The same with any hatchbacks.

Yes the turbo is faster, but the standard cars still do 0-60 in 5.5 which I'd imagine is faster than a Williams.

to be fair i must point out that the williams was actually my track car. not exactly standard, and not exactly fully equipped inside either lol.

but i dont think its all that much quicker than the std 1 i have also. i have run a 0-60 in 5.63 (timed at york dragstrip) with 0-100 comin in around 14.5, so not exactly a shy beasty, but still not overly quick. as said above, theres always someone round the corner with summat quicker.

outperforms a clio all over......lmao..id like to see u get 2 adults, 2 kids, with babyseats, and a pram in ur superior car and still be able to pan a scoob.;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3YhVoT164E&feature=user

check out the vx in the first minute, and the exige in front of it, for the £££££££s diff there isnt that on track ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
For the ammount you'll spend fixing the willy..It'll soon equate! ;)

How you got 5odd seconds to 60 i'll never know, Down hill with a tail wind!

williams and trophy
no mate.on a drag strip with a head wind funnily enough.

the willy stands me at less than a grand. £800 to be precise, lol.

iv run it for almost 2 years now, not spent a penny on it other than my precious time ;)

LY 182 FF CUPPED
very very true lol

I have had mine for a few months....it scares me everytime I drive it, and in the wet it is LETHAL!!!!!!!!!!

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
I was behind Regals N/A VX220 on a migweb driving meet over the black mountains sunday 21st , on the A4069 mountain road i pushed him along , this was due to the road surface and cambers being all over the place, on a smooth track he would have had me no probs , from 60 onwards the 182 seemed to have a little more grunt. And before people start screaming , Dylan (Mcraeslovechild )on here was in front of the vx and he was pulling away in a 52 astra gsi . Bottom line road conditions play a big part with the vx and elise.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Thats also treu - if the road is "bumry" my car skips all over the place, where I think the Clio would of held more securely.

As for an Exige thats what I want next, why was it scary Justin?

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
I was behind Regals N/A VX220 on a migweb driving meet over the black mountains sunday 21st , on the A4069 mountain road i pushed him along , this was due to the road surface and cambers being all over the place, on a smooth track he would have had me no probs , from 60 onwards the 182 seemed to have a little more grunt. And before people start screaming , Dylan (Mcraeslovechild )on here was in front of the vx and he was pulling away in a 52 astra gsi . Bottom line road conditions play a big part with the vx and elise.

It's also easier to chase than it is to lead.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive

It's also easier to chase than it is to lead.

As stated the astra gsi was pulling away from the vx.

Thats also treu - if the road is "bumry" my car skips all over the place, where I think the Clio would of held more securely.

As for an Exige thats what I want next, why was it scary Justin?

Semi slick tyres, and standing water is not a good combination!

LY 182 FF CUPPED
ha ha just noticed my spelling errors lol BUMRY???

Semi slicks will be on mine next spring/summer.