ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182'S against other cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
  MCS R56
I have driven ctr, golf Gti, cupra r, bocanegra, Corsa and astra vxr

golf Gti = quick but don't realise it because of how sturdy and well built it is
ctr = too fancy and really didn't like having to rev the tits off it for any power
cupra r and bocanegra = both awesome but abit mundane and boring
corsa vxr = awesome in a straight line, puts a smile in ur fancy but horendous understeer
astra vxr = savagly quick but front end it very understeery
Clio 200 = best of the lot by a mile, yes the Gti is better built but the Clio is so much fun to drive and will reward u with massive lols and grins.
if the 182 is anything like the 200 then it's a winner in my book and it's by far the best looking...

Can't believe I'm saying this but who gives a toss about who's is faster, it's your car, go drive it and have fun ffs

All this and you haven't driven the 182?!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
No issues and it's certainly got a bit more poke at 2000rpm and will pull through to 5k, whereafter the power disappears and it sounds like a broken tractor. Nightmare in the wet though! Might be shat tyres but it's all over the place and can spin up in 4th!

Drove through to Glasgow last weekend and hit the road works with the average speed cameras - averaged 63mpg over the whole journey, which was nice!

How's the Sport?

63mpg...?!? Not to be sniffed at for sure mate!

Aye the 182's pretty good fun! Cheap to run and all that! Still miss the Phase 1 though lol....

FF Racing Blue 182
thanks for the info guys its all good reading

im not daft enough to go out and race ive done all that im 28 and cant be arsed with it and wrote of a 3yr old corsa sport ive waited too long for this car and im not going to ruin it for myself id just like to think ive got a car that wouldnt get pissed on by the cars ive listed i think the clio sports do not bad against most of these cars and they dont have a turbo

ive been kidding my brother on that the 182s are faster than his 08 ctr and he slightly agrees he had a brand spanker 172 phase 2 years back and he thinks it was quicker acceleration than the ctr

i came across this and thought it was a good read http://bbs.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/609229-clio-172-182-quite-quick-arent-they.html

106GTI / NovaC20LET
i got a 172 cup and if you drive it right you can beat all sorts ive had cupras, CTR, focus ST's you gotta make those round abouts count

Italian 3.2 V6
all hot hatches are on parr tbh, its just the bigger hatches 250bhp+ which noticably pull away.. but the huge key is its all down to driver at the end of the day. for example a 270bhp Mk1 FRS couldnt leave my 182 on a good bit of road and in theory it should off!

PSJ.

I live my life a roundabout at a time. For those 4 exits or less, I'm free.

PMSL! Actual literal hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D

Last edited:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Got a mate who has a mk5 Gti and we both booted it on the motorway and I pulle past him with ease, that was in the 200 though but 182 = less weight
Bulls**t. Or he wasn't trying/can't drive/has a sick car. On paper the 200 has a better power to weight, but only slightly. And that's before accounting for the fact that most golf gti's make more power than expected, whereas most 200's I've heard of make under book power. And the Golf has far more torque.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bulls**t. Or he wasn't trying/can't drive/has a sick car. On paper the 200 has a better power to weight, but only slightly. And that's before accounting for the fact that most golf gti's make more power than expected, whereas most 200's I've heard of make under book power. And the Golf has far more torque.

Polite way of putting it.

If I wrote what I really thought of the 'stories' I'd be perma banned.

Bite tongue/

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.

every post i have ever done is the truth, maybe he wasnt trying but he said he was, his is a 57 plate so old car on about 60k miles but my 200 didnt struggle at all getting past him

So a nicely run in turbo golf which probably makes more power than it should VS a car that notoriously makes UNDER power even when run in. You still maintain that you 'flew past'

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Ffs. Children like you really don't appreciate the power difference required to easily pass another. Honestly, it comes across as outright lies.

From genuine, non-made up actual experience. 172 ph1, 182, Trophy, Golf GTi, 200. There's absolutely nothing in it. If you put you foot down in all of them, there's no way in hell that any overtaking will occur without a 5 miles straight.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
So a nicely run in turbo golf which probably makes more power than it should VS a car that notoriously makes UNDER power even when run in. You still maintain that you 'flew past'

im just telling u what happened, also had a go off the line with him and beat him at that too, remember my 200 had no back seats, no rear or front carpets, no rear door cards, no sound deadending etc

Look at what Bear has said............Its truth!

You need vastly VASTLY differing power levels to noticable pull away in a short distance. No amount of pulling carpet out or seats will change that. LOL

Actually LOLLING at the epic failure.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
well thats what happened, end of.
i admit when i get my arse handed to me in a sprint ie i got hammered off a rover in the megane :eek:

and my 200 got beat by jons 172 cup and he pulled about 4 car lengths on me within 15 seconds!

182 Full of Fat
good read....../carry on lol

But yeh.....my mates CTR is dead on even with my 182 (private road of course), I maybe pull just a few CENTIMETERS up to 60/70 but that's it. Can't see any of the cars mentioned (in standard form obv) PULLING away until you get into the 90s/100s

FF Racing Blue 182
aye good reading guys so the mk 5 golf gti is the one with the turbo and that yous are saying should be the fastest i would beleive that but at the end of the day i just like to know where the 182 stood with other hot hatches

172Cup is the fastest hot hatch in the world. Goes round roundabouts easily 20mph quicker than anything else. Fact.

MCS R56
well thats what happened, end of.
i admit when i get my arse handed to me in a sprint ie i got hammered off a rover in the megane :eek:

and my 200 got beat by jons 172 cup and he pulled about 4 car lengths on me within 15 seconds!

So here lies the problem - you cannot drive! And to say you got "hammered off a Rover" means nowt. That's like saying, my 200hp Cupra got mullered by a 1982 Lada Riva 1300. Oh, the Lada had a large turbo and a massive tank with something calld 'Nos' on the side, so was pushing 650hp. The Rover could be anything with any power.

172 Cup - well it is the fastest, so 4 lengths is probably modest.

Tip - right foot throttle and brake, left foot clutch. Nos, left thumb - you sound like you need some!

White clique
I cant understand why people are getting such a boner over this Lbrench blokes story, why couldnt it have happened? And more importantly, why does it causes you all such anxiety?!

I actually beleive him TBH.

Jezuz, some of you need a chilly pill!

MCS R56
I cant understand why people are getting such a boner over this Lbrench blokes story, why couldnt it have happened? And more importantly, why does it causes you all such anxiety?!

I actually beleive him TBH.

Jezuz, some of you need a chilly pill!

No boners or anxiety but he talks nonsense. And it's a forum where you respond to people's comments.

Anyways...182 - great car with similar performance to most hot hatches. Not Rovers.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
So here lies the problem - you cannot drive! And to say you got "hammered off a Rover" means nowt. That's like saying, my 200hp Cupra got mullered by a 1982 Lada Riva 1300. Oh, the Lada had a large turbo and a massive tank with something calld 'Nos' on the side, so was pushing 650hp. The Rover could be anything with any power.

172 Cup - well it is the fastest, so 4 lengths is probably modest.

Tip - right foot throttle and brake, left foot clutch. Nos, left thumb - you sound like you need some!

i need to learn to drive because i got beat by a rover, it was a straight line u idiot, i found out it has got a tomcat engine running 18psi (is this good i dont know lol) but its very quick and looks totally standard

MCS R56
i need to learn to drive because i got beat by a rover, it was a straight line u idiot, i found out it has got a tomcat engine running 18psi (is this good i dont know lol) but its very quick and looks totally standard

Straight line requires skill.

172 Cup
Ffs. Children like you really don't appreciate the power difference required to easily pass another. Honestly, it comes across as outright lies.

From genuine, non-made up actual experience. 172 ph1, 182, Trophy, Golf GTi, 200. There's absolutely nothing in it. If you put you foot down in all of them, there's no way in hell that any overtaking will occur without a 5 miles straight.

Sense in a penis envy thread? My goodness!

I think the fact that people are falling off their chairs laughing or wetting themselves whilst cracking one out over car facts is a little bit more questionable than this whole story.

Epic this is not, got sniff some fresh air ffs!

Status
Not open for further replies.