ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182's Been Nicked in Lincoln

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
me too, always make sure its set on the missus's dci as well, good little feature RAID.

Im not sure about the RAID, i know its on when my son is in the car. Either way dont think that would have stopped a bullet. Turned on or off she would have got out either way.

RAID only operates over a certain speed though doesn't it?

Does anyone lock their door as soon as they get in? I never have but this has made me think twice.

Titanium 182
fucker!

find him and kill him.

where do people like this come from.

did she have the doors locked? or did he just open the door?!

A4 Avant & A3
Hell mate, sorry to hear about that!! glad your mrs is ok!!
i had just read about this on the bbc news website at work actually...
all i can say is, i hope the sh*t they do catches up with them ...

W*****s

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
Bloody hell, thats bad news. Can't believe someone would try that, especially given how busy the traffic usually is around that part of town.

I've passed the car details on to a few people in the area so they can keep their eyes peeled.

172 GTR
Sh!t mate sorry 2 hear that!! I drive in and out of Lincoln every day that way. Ill keep my eyes open 4 the car.

Clio 1.4, SV650S
this all scares me... mrs has just bought a liquid yellow 182 and i would hate to have anything like that happen to her...

can't have anything nice these days. such a shame.

hope your mrs is ok dude, guess she's pretty shaken.

Shame she couldn't have run the f****r down, but then I bet she'd be put away for GBH or some stupid s**t like that. How can this type of thing happen nowadays?! Makes me sick.

Shhh
You have to way it up, whats the chances of them having a real gun. Then what is the chances of them having ammo for the gun. If its a revolver or a pistol.? If they borrowed the gun / pistol, and use it. That then gun / pistol becomes tied that that shooting and therefore the person found with it gets tied to that incident.

My guess its a replica pistol.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
AliasOmega said:
You have to way it up, whats the chances of them having a real gun. Then what is the chances of them having ammo for the gun. If its a revolver or a pistol.? If they borrowed the gun / pistol, and use it. That then gun / pistol becomes tied that that shooting and therefore the person found with it gets tied to that incident.

Thats a lot of hypothetical questions to ask yourself when someone appears to be pointing a gun at you...

AliasOmega said:

Porbably was a replica, bottam line is u dont have the time to think about all that. I would have been pi""ed if she had of tried to run him down, that would been taking a hell of a chance.

Golf GTI 1.8T
matt182 said:
My doors lock as soon as i pull away

me too they are always set to automatic locking.

sorry to hear that story fella, dunno what I'd do in that situation.

AliasOmega said:

Why don't you ask the scum 20 questions before he rob's you.

Dude if someone points a gun at you, do you honestly give a f**k if its a replica or not, if it loaded or not?:S ........My guess would be no, as self preservation would no doubt be a priority.

Glad your Mrs is Ok Ian:)

Ians_182 said:
Porbably was a replica, bottam line is u dont have the time to think about all that. I would have been pi""ed if she had of tried to run him down, that would been taking a hell of a chance.

not to mention she'd be the one in court for it!

just ignore some peoples comments.. you probably realised already theres alot of people on here who type before they think.

Vee dub
Shocking news

As for locking the car.. I am always in the habit of locking my doors before I set off, these stories scare me! :(

Silver 182 F/F
AliasOmega said:

Wonder if the WPC who got shot in Bradford thought it was a replica,we can all talk tough but when it happens just give them what they want and keep yourself safe.These guys will go to any extreme as not to get caught.

182... again!
Shocking mate, getting far to commonplace and unfortunately the justice system here isn't on our side!
Hope the hassles are minimal and glad no one was hurt!

Tom1 said:
What is raid?
renault anti intruder device I think it means. Basically locks the car up when you go over a certain speed. Always have mine on as 99% of the time I'm carrying money with me (delivery driver)

TrophyBoy616 said:
was this guy an immigrunt? doesnt sound like our chav types, no doubt eastern european

So we need to keep this country exclusive to people who clearly can't spell and stereotype outrageously? I'm delighted and reassured to think that someone with your prose skill and logic is unlikely to be in a position of authority or influence in the community... unless intend to pursue a future as a BNP / Nazi representative?

Terrible to hear of this incident. Sounds like a random strike by an opportunist thief to me. A lesson to all Cliosporters nonetheless that the "RAID" locking function may have its uses and that our cars are - at the end of the day - just cars.

soon to be a 200
Sorry to hear about the car . Hope the mrs is ok she did the right thing . The bloke behind was well brave . Hope it all gets sorted .
nigel

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
s**t mate that's bad and it's only 5 minutes up the road from me to! As above, it's only metal at the end of the day and can be replaced but it's annoying as fook that this type of person roams the streets with a concealed weapon for the sole purpose of jacking your motor and possesions yet we're the one's in the wrong for wanting to defend ourselves against this type of person when they break in to our homes.

Hope everything works out fine and the Mrs gets over it all soon.

Merry Christmas

Sorry to hear about this mate. Some loosers in the world.

In terms of locking the car when you get in. I use to do this all the time but I once had an accident where I had to jump out of the car really quick. Can be a pain if you have to mess around unlocking the doors.

Another thing is what happens if you have an accident and you are unconsious and the doors are locked. Might be a struggle to get you out the car or take longer.

AliasOmega said:

I haven't been here long, and don't want to question an established member, but are you real? someone puts a gun in your face and you have to weigh it up? Sit a while, pondering the balance of probabilities. Scratch your chin. Say "hmmmmm". Ask the guy if you can phone a friend.

Jesus.

Ad

MK2 FRS
I wouldnt want to be gambling on my life on my knowledge of guns!!

How on earth is the ordinary person on the street goona be able to tell the difference!!

Annoys me when people put comments like that. Someone put on my thread about my 182 being stolen, that I was makin it up!! Weird

Just to say thanks for all the concern regarding the incident, we both appreciate it. Regarding the car, it was found 10am this morning burnt out. The downside on the insurance side is that there will be a deduction of 2 years no claims. Received the courtesy car today, new shape colt something different from my pocket rocket.

Clio 172 Ph1
Ians_182 said:
Just to say thanks for all the concern regarding the incident, we both appreciate it. Regarding the car, it was found 10am this morning burnt out. The downside on the insurance side is that there will be a deduction of 2 years no claims. Received the courtesy car today, new shape colt something different from my pocket rocket.

Sorry to hear that, utter scum bag :mad:

Glad your wife is ok.

Ians_182 said:
somerton gate lane

so they used a GUN to carjack a woman coming out of a supermarket just to drive a few miles away and then burnt it out.. what the hell is this world coming to..

wonder if it was stripped of anything before it was burnt out.