ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182's Without Exalto's

A bit random i know, but if you were looking to buy a 182, would you want it to have original exalto 2's/3's.

Im in need of 2 new front tyres, and im looking at selling the car in a couple of months, i could simply buy 2 new 3's, or buy a full set of tyres for the same price, just a different brand (still decent tyres)

I only ask as when i bought mine, people seemed to be after ones with exalto's on!

Has no bearing on me as long as they aren't ditchfinders! No budget rubber as in my opinion.... if you can afford decent tyres then you might have skimped elsewhere on ownership.

As above ^

so long as its good brand "sports" tyres. It's like the final polish really, shows that the owner cares enough not to skimp on up-keep. But, the PS3's are overpriced, IMO, and as exaltos are almost impossible to get hold of, I would not say that going for PS3's will be considered keeping it fully original.

Having said that, as a buyer a few months ago, it certainly helped seal the deal for me that this car was on michelins. I saw over 10 182's and the one I bought was the only one I saw that had exalto pe2 on rear, and new PS3's on the front.

182 Turbo Project
Depends where you buy it from. If it's from a dealer, they might stick yipsings on just to save some monies.

If I really liked the car, I would just use it as a bargaining tool to get some money off!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Decent tyres in general for me and the correct size are good enough, and I'm a picky buyer.
Exaltos are a lot of money, especially when the cars are under £4k now, so it's a lot of the cars value on rubber. But provided they are a decent make ands model is good enough foe me.

is1

Integra Type R DC2
I think the Michelin thing was when the cars were newer and a little more valuable and people were being "precious" about the tyres, although they are the best tyre for the car without a doubt.
Stick a full set of Hankook V12s on. They will also bear new DOT (date of manufacture) codes which looks good (your rears might be a few years old regardless of wear) and you can advise any prospective owner that the Hankooks are amongst the best tyres for this car.