ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

186bhp standard 172????

TT
he seems pretty adimant to tell everyone its standard! rekon its been modified then back to standard?

Mine made 175 in standard form at a well respected RR last week so 186 isn't possible although i doubt it personally, as many people have mentioned its not uncommon for 172s to be making more power than 182 at times so he must have a proper quick factory special.

RB 182 Cup
maybe if he's the 2nd owner or something it could have have to manifold matched or something and him not no anything about it? he says he has a dyno sheet to prove it?

Mine made 175 in standard form at a well respected RR last week so 186 isn't possible although i doubt it personally, as many people have mentioned its not uncommon for 172s to be making more power than 182 at times so he must have a proper quick factory special.

I'm sorry but 186bhp from a standard 172 engine is very unlikely. Most 182's don't make that!

I agree that some 172's do match or make more power than 182's. Mine matched a 182 for torque at the same RR day (156.3lb/ft - although mine does have exhaust and sports cat). Some of its down to being more run-in IMO

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Or 169bhp even.

172 PS (French horse power)

it's actually a german term for 'horsepower'

it stands for pferdestärke

you do get some freakishly poweful standard f4r's...look at chris n' nic's old one...190+ on a few rr's iirc...just with an exhaust

i'm not saying the guy in the ad is telling the truth btw. lol

you do get some freakishly poweful standard f4r's...look at chris n' nic's old one...190+ on a few rr's iirc...just with an exhaust

Hmmm....

You sure they're not just freakishly inaccurate RR's?

You say Chris n' nic's made 190+ with an exhaust only - is that the same car in MarkM's spreadsheet that make 195bhp with remap, decat, and IK on top of that exhaust? Surely all other those mods gained more than 5bhp?!

I agree you do get 'good ones' (and Chris n nic appear to have one) but not that good.

Thanks for putting me straight on the PS btw :) I knew it was some Euro bullshit

The owner of the car in question PM'd me this below, as he's a non-member and can't post. I thought its only fair to let him have his say. I'll let everyone make up their own minds on this one.

Barry said:

hows it goin mate i own the car in question, it was rolling roaded at east coast customs in N.Ireland last saturday they are very professional outfit the rolling road alone cost 100k....it is a true figure and i have the graph but as im not a paying clio sport member i cant post on the thread

beleive me i was very shocked when i got the result and i asked them was it over reading as i was expecting anything over 166bhp a bonus on my car but 2 other rs's have been tested on the same rolling road

one was a 172 with full exhaust, decat and filter it got 182bhp the other was a 182 trophy with a full exhaust and it came out at 188bhp

the rollers are not over reading as on the same day 2 honda integra type r's were tested and and one got 185bhp and one 183bhp an ek9 civic type r also got 178bhp(should be 185 standard) so they seem accurate...the rolling road owner said he was very impressed.....i can honestly say the car is completely standard even the air filter and exhaust

it sits all over civic type r's if thats any indication and is quicker, maybe its just a good one?

i know most wont beleive it but thats all i can say....the car is still for sale by the way at a reduced price

cheers

Barry

ps you can post that if you like...:D

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Hmmm....

You say Chris n' nic's made 190+ with an exhaust only - is that the same car in MarkM's spreadsheet that make 195bhp with remap, decat, and IK on top of that exhaust? Surely all other those mods gained more than 5bhp?!

I agree you do get 'good ones' (and Chris n nic appear to have one) but not that good.

Thanks for putting me straight on the PS btw :) I knew it was some Euro bulls**t

fair play mate.

it could have been a combination of the two factors tbh

lol it seems i can post here,i didnt think i was allowed

yes well i expect alot of you will not believe the figures i didnt myself but the fact that other cars where r'r'd on the same day with standard figures means they cant have been giving overly high figures,and two other rs clios used the same rollers as ive mentioned above, maybe im just lucky and some come out of the factory with good power

i have the graph but just no idea how to scan or upload it

The rolling road was at east coast customs in Lisburn, N.Ireland

cheers

Barry

X-172 Cup
Hmmm....

Thanks for putting me straight on the PS btw :) I knew it was some Euro bulls**t

fair play mate.

it could have been a combination of the two factors tbh

I'll second that - good skills on the PS thing as well CC