ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

189 bhp 150 lbs ft?

Evo Tommi Mak
had my car rr ages ago and i was just wondering if the torque resembles the bhp ive got.

i have a BMC air filter dcat janspeed zorst s/chip and since rr a manifold from AWT.

is this about right or is there a mod im missing to get the torque up higher

I don't think you'll have that much power 180hp maybe 185 but that much torque nope looks like a generous RR.

Megane R26
Dunno, I ran 176bhp and 146llb just with BMC and Custom exhuast. But as we know each RR is different

193 mk2
sounds fine to me lol, i've got a 172mk2 & i'm running at 193bhp & 182lb/ft of torque. its been rr'ed on two separate rr's & got similar figures, 1 of which is supposed to be 1 of the most accurate in the country. i have the similar mods except for an smt6, fitted by andy(gdi) who said i was very lucky with my gains especially the torque figures which he said was crazy without cams. "must have been a wednesday car".

wide said:
sounds fine to me lol, i've got a 172mk2 & i'm running at 193bhp & 182lb/ft of torque. its been rr'ed on two separate rr's & got similar figures, 1 of which is supposed to be 1 of the most accurate in the country. i have the similar mods except for an smt6, fitted by andy(gdi) who said i was very lucky with my gains especially the torque figures which he said was crazy without cams. "must have been a wednesday car".

I thought you had cams.

Second highest torque figure I have ever seen, and without cams!!??

193 mk2
interesting??? i have never heard this train of thought before & if true why wouldn't everyone with 17"s be getting higher figures??? just curious???

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
It does,nt sound too much of a bad figure.
Im running 188.2bhp with 158lbs/ft!
Ive got Pipercross open filter,Custom Exhaust, Silenced decat, and ecu remap from BB tuning. I am running with the old mk1 15" alloys though!
Have had a few people tell me that its got quite a high amount of torque for what it is.

Dooby

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Just as a comparison for you, 54 plate 182
Full Janspeed exhaust with de cat, hillpower ik, smt 6 ecu and inlet match.
193 bhp and 178 lbs ft on the rollin road GDI use.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
wide... I did think at the time the figures seemed a little high as we discussed..

However the car did pull like a train, and felt faster even before we got on the rollers....

wednesday car.

Fred2001Dynamic said:
i've got a funny feeling your larger wheels had a part in those figures, i maybe wrong though

Other way round.

Larger wheels, or larger rolling radius on wheels is like making the final gearing taller, which will result in less torque at the wheels.....and less power.