ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yet Another Clio 172 Cup Road/Track (no 3)

Cup In bits
Cheers Impreza

Yeah Chi more or less, I can set the the tracking bob on but you need pretty level ground for a true camber reading. Its time consuming to adjust camber but I am going to start using large ramps to support the car off the ground for adjustments. Its more of a ball park contraption which is what you want track side.

Cup In bits
Is anyone looking for some top soil, I have a half ton of Knockhill's finest that can be delivered within reason around the Aberdeen area.

D3241A86-3858-4FAE-B67F-29578A888AFF_zpstmtnqgev.jpg

Oh and some gravel maybe too?

76623087-304F-4A0F-A075-D8458861546A_zps5d9zne0v.jpg

I am just looking through my footage yesterday, some good bits with all the Clio's . Oh and Fraser.J. I have your off

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
That was a nice short cut Fraser , was a good couple of laps. I recon it was all to do with tyre pressures lol

Cup In bits
I have lost my iPad connection so I'll have to figure out how to edit on the comp, the videos too long to post.

You must have been looking in the mirrors, its like you never made an attempt at the corner really, anyway not a massive problem, its the quickest way around Duffus.

Cup In bits
I finally got around to editing some of my videos. I still have the video where I spin to do but its nothing special, just a little bit too tight on entry and too much speed carried @neil a @Fraser.J. @Michaelfoz

[video=youtube_share;7irCNmjy_JE]http://youtu.be/7irCNmjy_JE[/video]

[video=youtube_share;7Vxu0y8yINM]http://youtu.be/7Vxu0y8yINM[/video]

Cup In bits
Im testing the water here, I'm on the fence about breaking this or selling it complete this time home. The car is mechanically near perfect and the body has a few age related marks, two of which I added with my ratchet straps for my trailer (nothing bad but I'm fussy) I will replace the front disks and CV boot that is weeping for the new owner. Its been freshly rebuilt and serviced using the best of products.

If I don't break the car it will sell with a full nearly new Oreca group n exhaust, no RARB, wheel studs and I will be keeping my racing car seats, harnesses and base frames, however everything is for sale if the money is stumped up for it. I also have 16" pro race 1.2's as an alternative to the 2118's clad in federel RS-R's if wanted.

As can be seen by this thread I have put a lot of work into the car in my ownership and buying little bits and pieces including repairing/replacing anything that isn't right including the timing belt. Putting 6 months tax on it and fitting a brand new vibratechnics gearbox mount, breather tank etc etc.

I am looking for £4000 ono given the work I have done and the parts I have fitted in the above spec but xenon lights, RARB, seats, harnesses and base frames can be supplied at the right money. The car will also come with everything to return the engine back to standard including the standard cams (which I bought) ECU with map for the 428's, radiator, inlets, all bolts etc etc etc.

I think the price is fair given the current market for cups and the prices they're up for, mildly modified versions are up for more and don't come with everything to go standard and make a quick buck if you have the skills.

Anyone serious about buying in any spec, even adding modifications of your own choice at reduced labour then let me know. Basically spec it anyway you want and I'll come up with a price and build it for you.

The spec how I received it, everything will be included other than the mentioned above and below. I'm sure I have forgot some things but the thread will show everything I have done.

Engine;
Jenvey itbs with gen90 ecu mapped by rs tuning
Catcam 428 cams
182 manifold
Decat
BTB stealth exhaust (will be changed to a group n Oreca)
Things have done.
Brand new breather tank.
New gates timing belt kit, timing cover painted and sealed.
Varoius engine components blasted and painted.

Suspension;
Spax RSX coilovers (removed, cleaned and Eibach bolts fitted)
Polybushed front end
Polybushed dog bone
Vibra technics engine mount (inc the new gearbox that I fitted)
Suspension fully set up for fast road by track torque in April 2013. (A more aggressive geo was done but that can be changed at a cost to me)

Interior;
New pioneer head unit with iPod connection
Uprated front speakers
New black headliner
OMP deep dish wheel
Geatstick mod done by me.

Brakes;
new rear genuine pads and discs
new oem front discs with ds2500 pads (new front disks will be fitted)

wheels and tyres;
15" speedline 2118s in mint condition (or 16" pro race 1.2's with 205/45 federal RS-R)
Toyo r1r's on the front
Nankang NS-R 2's on the rear

I am also considering returning it to an otherwise standard cup except the Oreca, Spax coilovers and 2118's and potentially the catcams 428 still fitted which I would like £2000 for.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
This mean its time to finish the race car Morgan ?
If it doesn't sell with the 2118's i might be interested in them , unless you fancy a deal on my 1.2's with Prada's.

Cup In bits
Yeah that's the next step I suppose unless I buy another car of some type.

Everyones after the 2118's Neil, they will probably go on the car to make it more desirable to sell. I have Clio parts coming out my lugs, I need to get rid and not buy haha but are the 1.2's good condition?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Are you trying to make me your Padowan learner? As much as I'd love a Cup i'm sticking with the Black thing I've got.

Looking at a set of Titans later but would sooner give my money to someone I kind of know.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
That's what I mean. Keep the black one and sell the blue one with the bits you don't want. Just a thought.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
£4k is just too much to shell out mate. It's nice but whilst I'm not a car sales man there's no meat to be had here (for me at least). After buying it for what I want I'd be lucky to break even breaking it.

Would sooner buy what I need and not have the hassle

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
No Problem mate i just need 2 2118's really to make up another set, my black 1.2's are mint as never been on track with them just used as road wheels for driving back and forward to knock hill half a dozen times.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Morgan im still looking for some 2118s so if you do break and dont keep them on the car give me a shout

Cup In bits
Mmmmulti quote!!

That's a shame mate after all the hard work. Could you not get on with it?

That was the plan from day one really, to buy it, use it for a while and then sell it on. I have done two track days in it now so its served its purpose. I am away to change jobs very soon and the money in the bank would be better at this moment. I was going to break it for good bits initially and sell a complete near standard cup. I think its a shame to break the car now though although in standard form it is a very nice car with good milage and all the correct bits looked at and tidied up.

I'd be interested in the Jenveys and Gen90 if you break it.

You and many others lol, I'll keep you in mind though.

You'd be in a great position to buy the car and make 2 brilliant motors. Then get 3k plus for the RS2!!

I think you should follow Chi's advice ;), 4k isn't set in stone and you could have your full ITB setup for a snip of the cost and you have the means and parts supplied by me to do it.

That Clio train looked like bloody good fun!!

It was.... Nice to sit back and watch the other Clio's dice it up.

re 2118's, I will put the advert up in due course if they become available and the people who contacted me first will be spoken to, obviously money speaks with everything and I'm not here to give them away or any bits :).

172 Cup (Track)
Shame to hear your considering selling (who am i to talk), but as with most these things its probably worth more in bits and selling car near standard?