ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

18k Service Costs

Ive been ringing around to find out the cost of the 18k service on my 1.5 dCi, which is due soon.

Ive been quoted from 138 by two Renault places, and 155 by another.

does this sound about right, cost wise, including parts, labour and VAT?

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Can I ask why you take it back to Renault? Why not take it somewhere with a decent reputation which is gonna cost you a hell of a lot less and probably get a better seeing to

Quote: Originally posted by zedx19 on 12 March 2003

Can I ask why you take it back to Renault? Why not take it somewhere with a decent reputation which is gonna cost you a hell of a lot less and probably get a better seeing to
Ive heard several people on here say that youll void warranty if you dont get it serviced by Renault. I dont know how true this is. When I get my new one Id rather not take it to reno to be honest, is this the case?

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Well I bought my Clio from a Seat dealer and it came with a 1 year warrenty. The warrenty stated that the car had to be serviced at stated intervals, it also said that the services could be undertaken at any registered VAG (or summit like that) garage. So I took it to Lexs, got it serviced, owt that needed doing under warrenty and it went back to the Seat dealer.

Have a read through the Reno policy, might say summit similar.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 12 March 2003

Yes it is, its in every manufacturers terms and conditions asfaik. The 18k service is the first service isnt it?
For all clios apart from 172s and Cup which are 12000

Unfortunately for FACTORY warranty it has to be serviced at a Renault dealer other wise renault legally have the right to tell you to go else where to put it politely if they choose not to do it, its catch 22 really some will but it depends on if the person on your car is a jobs worth and how much it is likely to cost them to fix it. I used to work at a main dealer and i saw it a few times people been told that they was not covered because it hadnt been looked after by a main agent

Its understandable, obviously there is no reason why something should go wrong with a servicing but for all Renault know you could of gone to a cowboy place which didnt bother checking a load of stuff which might cause the knock on effect of something going wrong with the car, and Renault would have to solve it for you, for free.