ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

18k service

Ive just booked my car in for its 18k service. My car is the DCi.

I was told this would cost 145 quid all in, unless any extra bits are needed.

I was also told that they will be replacing the Air Filter. after checking the trusty service manual, its states this only needs to be changed after 18k on the Petrol models. For the Diesel models, its 40k. Should I mention this? Or just have it replaced anyway? Wont do any harm I guess!

I should really know that. I work at Halfords Couldnt remeber how much they cost

...anyway Clare, while they are servicing your car, you might as well get em to put in a new filter, if they are cheap cheap

172 Cup

Why 40k for a diesel?? Last time I checked they still needed air to clean air to operate?!!?

VW Potato

hi clare :)

i took my 172 in for its 1st service today, they gave me a pricing book. looking at it now, a diesels small service is £129.00 all in excl extra parts from Theale Reno near reading. Hope this helps,

g

I paid about £7 for a filter for mine. I personally think you should have it changed cos they do get clogged with crap regardless of what fuel you run. Think its weird they state a different mileage for diesels!?!?!?

I change mine every 8K, will be buying a replacement panel filter soon that I can clean, I believe cotton green do one for £30.

Hope this helps

Scudetto,

Does the book only list prices for that particular garage? HOw much is the st service for the 172 from there?

Could you also check how much a full respray of the bonnet is from there too? Got a few nasty stone chips on mine.

Cheers mate

Hmm, Im being over charged and I dont even live in the south...! hehe

Ive seen the Air Filters in Halfords cant remember how much they are though. I dont even know where mine is, to change it myself.. Managed an oil and filter change myself though a while back!

H22A7 Accord Type R

SoLow..........i have the JETEX blue panel filter for my dynamique, and a K&N cleaning kit...........lol, kinda turns it pink...........but they are WELL worth the money if you dont want to go down the Induction Kit route! Rob

VW Potato

cheeky_chappie; yes matey, its only for Theale. Their 172 service prices are:

small service: £129

intermediate: £189

major: £239

major (but with plugs and air filter: £299

If you need a quote for a respray, why not call them - 0118 930 2422

Hope this helps!

g