ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

18s on a 172 cup??????????

hello fellow clio sport members i have a 2004 clio 172 cup and was wondering has anybody fitted any 18s to them as i am told it could f**k the handling up

Chocolate Bar™
no no no no no and more no. Will f**k up handling, destroy acceleration and most of all look w**k. Big wheels dont suit them at all, and whats the point in buying a cup if your gonna stick heavy wheels on it.

18's + cup = the wrongest form of wrongness!

1) Anything bigger than 17's looks totally w**k.
2) It will destroy handling
3) It will kill acceleration
4) It will need dropping about 100mm to stop it looking like a 4x4

If you want the "big" wheel look without hurting perfomance then I would recommend light weight 17's at the very most. This should keep performance about the same as it is now. Personally I would look at either light weight 16's or 15's. Personally I like the team dynamics pro-race 2's

Lux'd Glacier White R26
What Middo said. Are you mad?!! You buy a light weight car and want to bang heavy 18's on? It will destroy all that the car is good for. Stick with nice, lightweight 16's...

Tyson.

dont think he likes 18s!!!!!!!! i already gor 17s on it with toyo t1r tyres need a new style of wheel though was thinking of wlfrace street mantis what you think

guess you dont like 18s then fella i already got 17s on the car with toyo t1r tyres the wheels i got on at the moment are team dynamics RVRII but fancy a bit of a change was thinking of wolfrace street mantis what you think

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
Id go back down to 16s if I were you. Put turinis sp? back on and maybe just change the colour? This is imo though(what I would do)

i think they'll look shite in any size. take a look at

Team dynamics pro race 1
Team dynamics pro race 2
OZ ULTRAleggra
Sppedline Turini
Speedline GT1
OZ F1

All i can think of off the top of my head

Last edited:
  1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
macdaddy said:
dont think he likes 18s!!!!!!!! i already gor 17s on it with toyo t1r tyres need a new style of wheel though was thinking of wlfrace street mantis what you think

wow get 16's !! in no way hav 17's or 18'2 on that car.

also wolfrace street mantis wheels are mega chav wheels .... every fucker with an astra or corsa etc this side of bombay has them

Golf GTI PP Mk7
Ross M said:
wow get 16's !! in no way hav 17's or 18'2 on that car.

also wolfrace street mantis wheels are mega chav wheels .... every f**ker with an astra or corsa etc this side of bombay has them

lmao, tis true tho. id definately stick with 16's, perfect for the car, 17's look out opf place on a clio and 18's will make it look like a monster truck. Turinis in anthracite or OZ f1's

Golf GTI PP Mk7
ya think? i think its looks awful, it spoils the look of the car, kills that sort of, perfect equilibrium that a clio should emit, lol.

V6 Exige, GTR R35
matter of opinion matey...

if we were all the same there wouldnt be any bitching on cliosport!

get a pic of your motor up then so i can give it a slagging.....