ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

19" LCD Monitor

307 diesel & 1.2 TCE Clio
Hi all,

I'm after a 19" LCD monitor, any recommendations?

I have had a look at Sony, Samsung and Dell. All the reviews i have read have conflicting opinions.

Just wanna see if anyone has any advice. Looking around the £200 price mark.

Cheers

Ant

I bought a brand new ViewSonic 20" widescreen TFT monitor from eBay for £180 , great in my book, might not be for a top-end gamer although 8ms response is good enough for everyday tasks and video playback. Try there you might find a bargain.

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
^^ got ripped off then ;) dabs suck

This 19 inch WIDESCREEN boasts a response time of 8ms and offer a contrast ratio of 500:1, a brightness of 300 cd/m² and support for a resolution of 1440 x 900 pixels. The viewing angles are 150°/130° (horizontal/vertical

£99+vat ....

http://www.bluepoint.net/V7XMON072

A red missile
Adam K said:

I bought one of those a while back as a second monitor to this one

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...ful&filter_category=&filter_string=&offset=10

Its 65 quid over your budget but if you can stretch to it, its a very very good monitor

Der Panzer
V1NNY said:
Get yourself to Pcworld mate, £160 for 19" monitor with built in tv tuner

I'd rather eat my own balls then buy hardware out of PCworld.

Golf GTI 1.8T
my dell laptop has a samsung screen. so am I right in thinking that dell use samsung screens for all their monitors aswell?

if so its probably cheaper to buy a dell than a samsung when your actaully buying a samsung with a different name :)

A red missile
AndyA4 said:
I'd rather eat my own balls then buy hardware out of PCworld.

I wouldn't buy anything there either, but if im bored on a weekend i do like to go and play 'bait the pc world idiot' its hilarious going in there and asking them really technical questions, heh heh heh erm.... i'll have to go and find my manager mate.

They get all arsey when you mention the 'instore experts' that they're supposed to have :)

Chris1.4RT said:
one of these at ebuyer £117

excellent reviews from buyers

edit: same one as rmccardal

is this any good for playing games? im not hardcore, just the occasional game here and there, also, i noticed people mention u need a graphics card that will stretch to a certain resolution, will the 9800 pro do this? id check but the pc is just bult and it has no monitor and i cant be arsed setting it up to check lol

thanks

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
bought a LG 19" from bowlers computer fair, no camplaints, payed 120 brand new for it! :D

Clio 197
I've been very pleased with my Samsung SyncMaster 913N.

I'll be getting another one, with a TV tuner included.

:D

Revels Mum & Sister
M1TCH said:
my dell laptop has a samsung screen. so am I right in thinking that dell use samsung screens for all their monitors aswell?

if so its probably cheaper to buy a dell than a samsung when your actaully buying a samsung with a different name :)

I cant speak for the cheaper ones but I have the Dell 20.1" Widescreen and thats an LG-Philips panel. IN fact its the same one as in the Apple Cinema Display!

307 diesel & 1.2 TCE Clio
Cheers all, for the responses, i'll have a look though and hopefully make a decision

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Tiger said:
is this any good for playing games? im not hardcore, just the occasional game here and there, also, i noticed people mention u need a graphics card that will stretch to a certain resolution, will the 9800 pro do this? id check but the pc is just bult and it has no monitor and i cant be arsed setting it up to check lol

thanks

I've got a 9800 pro. Has no problems with resolution on my 12ms LG L1915S 19" tft. Don't notice any ghosting. 12ms was pretty low when I bought it and it was sold as pretty much a gamers tft. I can't fault it.

Plenty of widescreen resolutions to choose from on a 9800 pro.