ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

195/45/16, 205/40/16, 205/45/16

Audi Q7, Avalanche
hi,

ive been reading the 'Tyre poll' with great interest over the past week or so. I need to change all 4 tyres on my cup and was wondering what people thought on the above subject? (size and profile) i know there is a plethora of opinions on best tyres so im not asking directly what brand and make im just asking about the tyres dimensions. however, having checked on my tyres etc.. the big brands dont actually make 205/40/16's, i wouldve thought the lower profile would give it a little more stability (lateral movement) over the 45's? anyone got any comments? anyone got 205/40/16's fitted to their 172, cup, 182 etc? if so what do you think of them? is it really worth the extra pennies to get the wider tyres?

almaghrbi

ClioSport Trader
  172 Cup
Fred2001Dynamic said:
Yasser!!!!!!!!!!!

How The Hell Are You???

I am good, I am good. Stuck in Dubai with not enough time on the track. Looking forward to come back to London hopefully in the Summer

almaghrbi

ClioSport Trader
  172 Cup
howie p said:
also using 215/40/16 on the front 195/45's on the back

That will give you oversteer big time at the limit. Not good on a Clio I am afraid (My opinion)

almaghrbi

ClioSport Trader
  172 Cup
Fred2001Dynamic said:
i saw your head the other day!!! OH MY GOD!!

It will be monster when finished with it. Have to modify further to cope with UAE's modified Subaru's and Evo's

Lionel Richie
have you seen the new Quaife diff??
IMG_1172.jpg

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
BenR said:
plate type lsd is better for track......and road for that matter.

stick with it.

As long as the pressure is set right or it's an animal...! Plate diffs can be hit and miss if it not perfectly set.

Audi Q7, Avalanche
errrr thanks for the replies, nice to see the excessive alcohol and minimal sleep over the holiday period has not affected everyone, infact it looks like its helped to improve our focus and our ability to post 'relative' to the original topics! haha :rasp:

E91 M Sport
Bump this thread, because its not really given any useful information yet (regarding tyres).

Has anyone run 205/40/16. Excessive tram-lining, crap ride?

Clio 172
Using 195/45/16 and have no problems. Was tempted to go for 205, but the wheel and arch look bloody close so decided against it. Then there's the possible addition of torque steer with more rubber. My car is lowered too, so I didn't want to drop to 40's, for fear of to uncomfortable a ride.

Megane225FF
I found more grip with the 205's, not noticed any tramlining with the wider tyres.. found different manufactures of tyres stating "205" are actually different in width, only by a little, but enought to rub...
Khumo 205's rubbed on the front arch liners, where now the Uniroyal 205's dont...:S