ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

195/50/15 AD08R no longer being produced!!

mckay

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph2 Iceburg 172
  • Just off the phone to my local yokohama dealer and he said that the 195/50/15 AD08R`s are no longer being produced!!! Any body else here this?

mckay

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph2 Iceburg 172
I am using mine for the road plus the odd track day and I think there a good compromise.
The other too options might be too track focused for what I need?

Never really understood using a 'R' rated tyre for road personally as its always a compromise in the wet, especially when cold but yeah the new Yoko 'R' range probably wouldn't be as good of an all-rounder as the AD08R. Personally I'd just stick with a road tyre like the PS3/4, GY F1, RS3 etc for road use and have a set of cheapo wheels with eBay part worn proper 'R' track tyres (R888, Direzza, ZZR, above Yoko's etc) but I know this doesn't suit everyone's circumstances.

The AD08R's for me are good on a dry road, average-poor on wet-cold roads, and good-average on track until really pushed then are poor as they roll over and die.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
ai, everyone who's spoken about them before I know have said they just fall apart in the dry but make a very good wet tyre

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
15" tyre price jealousy here................

They won't just discontinue surely, they'll be replaced with something newer and better