ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

195 or 205 on a 7j Rim?

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Right got some 16" OZ F1's i'm getting refurbed in anthracite next week so need to bang some matching tyres on them..

But what size does everyone recommend from experience?

I'm thinking Conti sport contacts or PE2's in 195/45 at the moment after all smaller RR and less unsprung weight ;)

Cheers all

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Oh yes, forgot to say, go for the Contintental Sport Contact 2 or 3 if you can afford them. Pricey but very much worth it. Great grip levels in the wet and dry and have actually improved since I lowered my Mk3 :D

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
16" F1's, rare as f**k.

Will look nice

So i've found out since buying them and trying to get a 5th one :rolleyes: Think they guy I bought them from is/was on here had "ph-quick" stickers on the sills..

Will get some 205 Conti's ordered up then by the sound of it :cool: or maybe not...

My concern is that the amount of testing and research that would of been put in by renaultsport would of meant that surely the 195's are the best for the car?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Years of CS research has shown 205's are the way to go. Also Eagle F1's are a good shout, another CS proven point. But Conti's supposed to be decent

M2 Competition
Years of CS research has shown 205's are the way to go. Also Eagle F1's are a good shout, another CS proven point. But Conti's supposed to be decent

Have you driven both on the same car back to back?

If so whats your opinion?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Have you driven both on the same car back to back?

If so whats your opinion?

YEs,My car had 195's all round before i got 205's, for general driving prefer my 205's, but i could see 195 being livelier(sp?)