ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternatives to PS3's

I've had Michelin PS3's on my 182 a couple of times now, and am tempted to try something else as the last set wore a little sooner than I'd like on the front, although the rears wore extremely well! But I have to hand it to them besides from that they were fantastic

Went 205/45/16 the first time, last time was 195/45/16 and don't think I could notice any difference so I'll probably stick with 195's due to the cheaper prices

Seriously tempted by Uniroyal Rainsport 3's, especially as they're only £46 a corner for 195/45/16's, and with winter coming up there's every chance it'll be wet a lot so seems not a bad idea

Michelin PS3's are coming in at £72 a corner for 195's, for comparison

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's are £68 a corner, only available in 205's but pretty much the same price as PS3's and I know some say they wear better

Never hear Continental's mentioned on here much? I know a mate rates them really well on his Twingo, but they do so many different versions I'm lost tbh

Was half tempted to run a road going semi slick, but coming into Winter that's probably not the wisest idea

Thinking I'm gonna go Rainsport's just because of the price! @dann2707 you ran/run these don't you?

RB Clio 182
Rainsport 3s wear very quickly especially on the side walls as they are so soft, i would be tempted by the f1's.

PH2 172
If you opt for rs3,go for the 205`s with XL sidewalls,about £6 more per tyre.
Don't expect them to wear as well as PS3 though,8k on the fronts if your lucky.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I know they arent 3s, but cant be that different.. but I was very disappointed with the Rainsport 2s.