ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

195 or 205 tyres on 15’s for track?

S-Max & Mk7 GTi
I’ve got some pro race 1.2’s on order (for track use) so need to get some tyres ready for when they arrive.

I’ll probably go for Federal RSR’s but am I best going for 195/50 or 205/50

172 Cup with Cup shocks and Cooksports.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Not looked mate.

Maybe mytyres, tyre leader, pneus online.

The usual as you probably know. Also don’t forget the £4 or whatever per wheel delivery cost with Camskill marking them dearer.

S-Max & Mk7 GTi
@Photomattbrown

What made you chose the rsr?

My brother has them on his track MX5 and having driven that a few times I was very impressed with them (especially for the cost). I know you can get better but I’m not really wanting to spend £120 per corner at this stage.

Am open to other suggestions tho, car is going to be used mostly on track with the odd Sunday drive thrown in too.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Most will say ado8’s.

But having driven a few different tyres on track I really liked the rsr. Took a bit more time to warm up but didn’t go off for a while. I’d personally buy those.

PH2 172
Price on Camskill seems to fluctuate hourly, 205’s were cheaper than 195’s a few weeks ago, now 205’s are about £3.50 more
205`s are usually priced higher than 195`s.
It may have been that 195`s were priced higher than 205`s a few weeks ago, as they were being sourced through a 3rd party to maintain supply.
Currently 195`s are £61.90 & 205`s £64.45.