ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

195 recomended fitment??

182 FF Inferno
Looking for a set of 4 tyres. Noticed 195 sized comes in about £50 cheaper then 205 sized.

Is 195 a recommended fitment on 182's (standard alloys) and if I went ahead and fitted 195, would it cause any trouble regarding insurance in an accident??

Done a search and apparantly they're slightly more lively??

195's were the standard size from factory IIRC, so won't cause any problems with insurance or whatever.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
205 was standard fitment on 182s
195 standard on 172s

Wheels are all the same so either size will be fine.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
ive been running 195s for over a year with no problem

182 FF Inferno
Craig, do you find the handling any different?? I find the handing quite lively on 205's so if its worse on 195's, puts me off a bit. But its quite a saving on a set of 4 tyres (£50-60)

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
i know what you mean about the 205s. imo i do find the 195s better at handling but that could be just me. plus like sad they are cheaper

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Interesting. Although I can get 4 Toyos for a touch under £200 (in 195)
Be interested to hear how you get on with them.

I wont be getting them fitted until next week and then will need to put a few miles on them. I'm looking forward to trying them tbh and will let people know what I think of them.