ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 at Dealers

R26
Just been to see a 197 at my local Parks dealers (ayr) there. Seen it advertised online at 12,995 with 1 owner and 5,576 miles. All very well and nice I thought.

Well turned up to find it sandwiched between another car so no chance of seeing one side of it let alone try to get into it. Car was manky and only one on fourcourt without price or any info on it. Salesman promtly got me in side to show me the keyless entry and start button. All inside was very nice and a nice place to be.

Millage is now showing 6,780. Previous owner was the dealer. Alarm bells start to ring.

Anyway we went inside only to be told there is no budging on the 12,995. What happend to dealers pushing prices in January!! His face dropped after I pointed out you can buy them new for 13,500.

So out I went and had a final inspection of the outside only to find every wheel was majorly curbed, and a couple tyres were near the end of their life. Couldn't see the paintwork as it was covered in mud.

Anyway moral of the story is stay clear of this car. Looks like it's been beaten to death within a inch of it's life.

So the search continues. Before I was adement on a Trophy but the 197 brings something else to the party.

Ad

MK2 FRS
January is one the busiest times in the trade mate, any movement will have already been taken off the screen price.

Ad

MK2 FRS
dont know mate tbh, its a common misconception.. one of the reasons is the new reg in march, so people order the new motors. December is the time when the trade is quiet.

Mate works in the trade and is chokka in january.

1.2 16v+200sx
i had a wee look at this one (blue one?) when i was in at nissan it was a bit of a mess then too.just buy a new one cos there nice cars

Yaris Hybrid
I have been thinking about it more and am starting to come round to the 197 and may very well upgrade in September when my 182 is 3 years old.

I still think they are too expensive. They seem to be the same spec as the old 182 Cup but with full fat pricing. Also will be interesting between now and September to see how many posts there are about faults with them.

Saying that, I need to decide by June time as the order would have to be placed then to guarantee delivery in time.

R26
i had a wee look at this one (blue one?) when i was in at nissan it was a bit of a mess then too.just buy a new one cos there nice cars

Yeah thats it.

Has anyone on here bought from an online supermarket? How do they work is it a proper UK car or is it a eu import?

Would love one with the Recaro seats!

R26
I have been thinking about it more and am starting to come round to the 197 and may very well upgrade in September when my 182 is 3 years old.

I still think they are too expensive. They seem to be the same spec as the old 182 Cup but with full fat pricing. Also will be interesting between now and September to see how many posts there are about faults with them.

Saying that, I need to decide by June time as the order would have to be placed then to guarantee delivery in time.

Second hand prices are still high as there is very little of them about just now.

There is a cup version rumoured to be released 2nd quarter of this year so around Aprill time.

Mondeo STTDCI
December is beautiful. I loved going around to buy a used Fiesta for the GF's sister. Dealers couldnt do enough, knocking off £500's without blinking. Considering we were only spending £3k thats quite special.