ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 cold problems

clio 197
hi, my 197 goes like a dog when cold,is this a fault if so has any one had any work carried out by renault for this, my dealer just says use higher octane fuel ?
icon8.gif

I have heard of this before with the 197. It's an extremely common thing with the 182, so I'd guess it's the same thing? Feels like you're running on 3-pots and passes after about 2 minutes?

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Most 1*2's do it from time to time.

As long as it clears once warm, don't worry about it.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
When mind does it, it has a complete dead spot at 1750rpm and bangs back to life at 2250rpm.

It's great people think you can't drive. lol

2.0 175dci rs meggy
Renault engineeing has thorougly investigated these reports and has now issued the following statement :

Clio III Renaultsport 197 is equiped with a high performance engine, which has been engineered to acheive its optimum performance at high engine tempretures.
In order to warm-up the engine, Renault recommends that the drivers allow at least one minute on tick-over before driving. If the vehicle is driven during this warm-up there may be some hesitation, however theis has no impact on engine reliabilty

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Renault engineeing has thorougly investigated these reports and has now issued the following statement :

Clio III Renaultsport 197 is equiped with a high performance engine, which has been engineered to acheive its optimum performance at high engine tempretures.
In order to warm-up the engine, Renault recommends that the drivers allow at least one minute on tick-over before driving. If the vehicle is driven during this warm-up there may be some hesitation, however theis has no impact on engine reliabilty

I was told something like that at the dealers with my 172 a few years ago.

Now I got a garage it doesn't do it anymore. Probably as it is left to tick over for a bit longer i guess

YES!!! Mine does this EVERY morning!!! It really gets to me! Ive never used anything but 97-98 octane fuel so they cant give me that s*it!! It kangaroos down the road!

CB600FS
For the 197s Renault know about it and are working on a 'solution' but the 182s where the same, just the nature of the engine.

2.0 175dci rs meggy
i was told it might be sown to the O2 sensors having to warm up, but then again letting your car run for a couple of mins before moving aint that bad!

^ I've been told by my dealer it's to do with the O2 sensors and assists with meeting MOT requirements when tested from cold...

Basically they don't really care by the sounds of it lol

Clio200 EDC Lux
Yeah over on renaultsport its full of kangaroo threads, mine does it sometimes type of fuel doesn't seem to make any difference.
As said the official line is to let in warm up for a few mins.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Yes its the oxygen sensor heating, and renaultsport advises leaving the car 1 minute before driving off to warm up

clio sport f1 r27
am i not wrong in saying most cars aint as good untill at tempature
althu in the rx8 if i booted it from cold u were catapulted from ur seat when u got to 5k revs !!

Clio 197
Just found this thread which is similar to one I started on the problems section - I've had my 197 since April 2008 with about 1100 miles now - nothing seems to have improved. Even when warm it can be jerky and lacking in power at low revs when in traffic - there is a junction I use, on I will admit a steep hill, where I have to drop to first gear to stop the car stalling even when I pull out without the need to stop.

Clio 197
One of the many things I've been told by Renault customer service is that they consider the 197 and its cold running as not a fault and that it is fit for purpose. Has anyone else logged a call with Renault?