ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Cup at Castle Combe (PCAD)

Went up to Castle Combe this weekend for the Forge Performance Car Action Day. Great day out with a vast variety of cars and minimal amount of 'chav' content.

Following my short lived track session last year (Fiesta in wall brought out the red flags), I said I'd never do another track session at an action day again purely for the amount of accidents and loons out for pub bragging rights, however a chap on Pistonheads said that he had a slot free in a dedicated Skoda session which I felt brought a lesser risk of being taken out.

Castle Combe is a very fast circuit and the Clio was overtaken by many a mapped Diesel Skoda on the straights but as expected excelled through the Chicanes. Really enjoyed my session and hope to get back to another, more twisty track, once I've replaced my clutch (release bearing has gone) and various bits.

Clio4_zpsd477f8d3.jpg

Clio2_zps7d89776a.jpg

276466_521253944555925_1284207322_n1_zps1ab4a8c4.jpg

P1000018_zps97e43bc81_zpsebf09765.jpg

Clio3_zps6f799a9d.jpg

Clio1_zps4519d0d4.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I ended up in that skoda session a few years ago.
They were all either slow or smoking or both, lol.