ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Cup or standard?

Clio 200 FF
I'm looking for a white 197 and it seems most i see advertised are the Cup models.
I can see several difference exterior wise (colour coded strips, door pillars black on standard ) and have seen the cup has manual mirrors and no standard air-con.
I also read the cup has a basic dash - is this not the "soft feel" like on most Clios or does it just mean the face is plain not silver?

Can the plain face on the heater dash be swapped to a silver?
Can you buy the door pillar black stickers (vinyl)?

Are there any other "weight saving/ cost cutting" differences on the cup like on the 172/ 172 cups such as thinner glass, less sound deadening, etc?

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
The Cup does have the hard dash and not the soft feel dash. The cup doesn't have climate so you need to find a dash panel with manual a/c for the swap. You can buy the door pillar sticker but no idea on price.

There is no additional weight savings on the 197 cup AFAIK.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Main difference is as you've mentioned, also no 'sports' pedals (just rubber) silver backed light clusters, no cruise etc. Dash is hard plastic

Clio 200 FF
Thanks for the quick replies
Is it worth getting a Cup model or are they too basic (unrefined)? are they ok for town driving (potholes, etc) or too uncomfy?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Try one, for me they are fine. Remember you can get a cupped 197 from 2008 on, they have all the spec of standard car, but with the cupped suspension. Bet there isn't many non cupped white 197's about ;)

Cup chassis is fine providing you don't live down or frequent unpaved road (or live in Sheffield, terrible roads!!)
Never driven a standard one but my 200 is even stiffer than a 197 and I find it okay, though I hear sitting in the back is like getting punched in the kidneys. :p