ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 cup pics

I would have to get the door handles and side strip colour coded, makes it look like an expression, like it apart from that.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Only thing i'd have to change is the lamps, for the ones with black surrounds. I'm sriously considering come late spring............

White, Recaros, NO A/C, and not the speedlines. Think i'd stick with the standard 197 cup chassis alloys tbh

3 MPS
u know wat im gonna upset alot of u and say i think the normal 197, and r 27 are better that that , sorry guys

might change my mind if i see one in the metal

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
I really want to like it, but I cant.

The shape of the car is just too bumpy and corsa-ish. Interior is awful (appart from the recaro's!) prefer the 172cup interior tbh. Black speedline/brembo combo looks smart but centre caps dont match - whats that all about? Not a big fan of the new side repeater position either.

The non-colour coded bump strips and door handles dont help. Think I would have to get them cc'd and get the RS side badges painted black.

All in all it looks ok but doesnt quite have the same appeal to me as the 172/182's.

Having said that, it might look reeeet good in the flesh.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Cool car, i see what lee means about the wheels.
Personally, if i get one id go without them.

hope you enjoy it
Only thing i'd have to change is the lamps, for the ones with black surrounds. I'm sriously considering come late spring............

White, Recaros, NO A/C, and not the speedlines. Think i'd stick with the standard 197 cup chassis alloys tbh
id agree

after seeing the cs theme white black wheels it doesnt look right :eek: also the car looks odd maybe colour coded it would help to me you just bought a basic clio with no frills :eek: yes i know its special ;)

182cup & 172 racecar
I think I saw one of these in Banbury this afternoon,only noticed it as it went passed the opposite way

'06 Black FF 197
nice, whats the weight difference then??? it has no A/C, missing some paint on the mirrors and door handles, and the cheap dashboard... they should've left the cliosport one.... anyway anyone familiar with the weight difference???

the white r27 would look ace.....

200 cup (van blanc)
thanks for all of the positive comments, the cup was getting slated before it even turned a wheel so im pleased quite a few of you like it

its driving well, but the only problem is that it is now a nice shade of 'grey'

i will put some more pics up soon

Black Gold with cup packs
Has the car got central locking?
Silly question I know but I have just heard you need to open the doors one by one

Lee

BMW M2C
Yes, remote central locking with deadlocks. A normal key with bottons on like the rest of the Clio range. Just think of it as a quicker better looking Dynamique when it comes to the spec.

No key card entry as on the full 197.

You cannot compare that to a dynamique!
There is no white.
The ride height looks a tad high though!

Yes, remote central locking with deadlocks. A normal key with bottons on like the rest of the Clio range. Just think of it as a quicker better looking Dynamique when it comes to the spec.

No key card entry as on the full 197.

the dynamique is better speced ;) unless your passionate about cars that looks like a cheap basic poor persons car that you have started moding :rasp:

You cannot compare that to a dynamique!
There is no white.
The ride height looks a tad high though!

you can compare it to the freeway authentique or extreme ;) with that nasty dash an door cards

Last edited:
  Mark 1 Clio V6
So much faster, better looking (with the wide arches) and more fun than the Dynamique though, no????
And we are all passionate about cars on here so all will know the difference.

Also; who cares that the ride height is high.
I trust Renault to get one thing right and that is in their cup/trophy chasis and suspension packages - it will no doubt be the best set up available on the car.
Why potentially ruin the car's set up for 4cm's better looking?????

If you want to do that then get a 197 ff.

Golf R
can'r believe the Cup is being compared to a Dynamique or any other non-sport model - you're missing the point! the similarity starts and ends with the interior!

The 172 and 182 even the 197, all look the same though really, my 172 and my 172 cup both looked like any other phase 2 but they went like s**t off a shovel.

This Cup would make a good photo shoot with my mates R26 :)

PICT0035-vi.jpg

PICT0034-vi.jpg

the cup really doesnt do anything for me!! I know thats brave seen as though alot of you love it, but it looks cheap, especially in white!!