ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 drivers door/rear window seal

The black strip window seal that is exposed when door is open, mine are splitting on both sides, are these easy to replace? Couldnt work out if rear window would need taken out, why renault put these on like this i will ever know

172 gone :( 197 now :)
Mines split on drivers side, passenger side is perfect. The rubber seal running up window edge on drivers door looks like it's melting too it's bubbling and distorted.

Evo 8 MR
Any pics to show the problem?

Sounds similar to the problem old Fords have with their rubber seals.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
(yesterday) i had my 2nd service, and cos my car now in the 3rd year (by 5 months) they wouldn't replace them. they said call renualt customer service and maybe they will pay half the cost. rear windows have to come out. they would do it if it was still in the 2 yr warrantly but the 3rd year is less stuff.

Barge
Bulls**t. My car will be two years in October and they replaced mine under warranty. Ring RUK or try another dealer fella.

A car is covered, fully, for three years. A warranty extends even past this when you think about the sort of quality you'd expect... E.g You don't expect a fridge to stop working after a year or two of warranty, product "shelf life" would suggest that 4, 5, 6 years is far more reasonable. I wouldn't pay, kick up a fuss. Bureet.

I called dealers today, car going in a week on monday for two days, rear windows as needster says to come out, dealer has seen it on one other clio, without any checking they are ordering parts in and arranging a glass company to come in and do bonding work.

Barge
NP dear. I know how to play the Renault game. :eek:

Glad you've got a decent stealer who's not arguing TBH.